• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny wee....

Julia123

Warren Veteran
...anybody know of anything that will 'dissolve' bunny wee???? the bottom of my litter pit is caked in hard stuff, i clean it every 2 days with hutch cleaner but doesn't fetch it off. I also have white marks on my laminate floor from some wee accidents :oops:

White Vinigar :D

EDIT to say - not sure about using that on your laminate though :? :lol: Will be fine on the trays though :thumb:

:wave: simple as that ?:D cheers !!

EDIT - reckon will be ok laminate stands up to most things (apart from bunny wee!) is ultimately plastic after all !! will get some white vinegar tomorrow :D

ps am i going to be craving chips ....??:lol: :lol:

Malt vinegar works as well. Just a bit smellier and can stain a bit, in a litter tray I am sure it wont do any halm ;)

:wave: simple as that ?:D cheers !!

EDIT - reckon will be ok laminate stands up to most things (apart from bunny wee!) is ultimately plastic after all !! will get some white vinegar tomorrow :D

ps am i going to be craving chips ....??:lol: :lol:

Yep, it's often the simple stuff that works! :D :D

And after cleaning bunny wee, I'm not so sure you will be craving anything! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why thank you all !!:D i haven't had chips for about 5 years so lets hope this doesn't start something off :lol: :lol:

ps am i odd.... bunn wee has no impact on me whatsover !!! must be those years spent with horses !!!!

Last edited:
How would I do it? We have just malt vinegar in th house :)

I would be reluctant to use malt vinegar on a floor as it may stain unless the floor is very dark. To spot test I would put about 1/2 a teaspoon on an area which cannot easily be seen, leave it to soak for a couple of minutes to allow the mark to start to dissolve and then rub it to try adn shift the mark.

If you do just a small area and it either stains or causes marks it wont be such a problem when compared with doing the lot. If it works and you are happy, move on to larger areas.

I would be reluctant to use malt vinegar on a floor as it may stain unless the floor is very dark. To spot test I would put about 1/2 a teaspoon on an area which cannot easily be seen, leave it to soak for a couple of minutes to allow the mark to start to dissolve and then rub it to try adn shift the mark.

If you do just a small area and it either stains or causes marks it wont be such a problem when compared with doing the lot. If it works and you are happy, move on to larger areas.

They are black/dark grey tiles so might be ok! Will try what you said, thanks :)

Hey Jules - Wire wool also helps along side the vinegar. Given the size of your tray you'll need a whole chips shop supply to get rid of the residue :)

Back