• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trios.

drboo

Mama Doe
Does anyone recommend having a trio of buns rather than a pair, in case something happens to one of the bunnies? Jack and Taz absolutely love each other, but Taz is 5, and Jack is approx. 2, so there is a chance I will lose Taz first :)cry:). Is it better to leave them as they are, and deal with this when it happens, or is it better to bond a younger bunny with them both, so that 1 is never alone? They live in a 8ft x 6ft shed, so I think there is room for another? Sorry for being abit morbid, and talking about something which is a long way off (hopefully), but I didn't realise how close they would become.

Hi there, its not morbid, its something we all proably think about. I have a trio, the main reason for the third was that one of my buns (Daisy) is quite shy and likes to spend time on her own, i felt that it would be nice for Gabriel to have 'play mate' so when Nushka came up for adoption I tried her with the the two, Gabriel LOVES her and they enjoy running round being naughty while Daisy snoozes. It took a while for Daisy to accept her however and i did worry that she would become more withdrawn. Between the three they have now worked out a great group dynamic, they all cuddle when Daisy comes downstairs, Gabe & Nush play when Diasy doesn't want to and Daisy gets time on her own when Gabe goes to see her under the bed (Daisy doesn't allow Nush in the bedroom :lol: ) This doesn't really answer your question about losing a bun :oops: sorry ! But i hope it gives you an insight into how your two may react with a third. If i had two buns that were really close i would perhaps leave them as a duo in case a third upset them, it really depends on the personality of the buns. Try not to worry too much about the future and concentrate on how your buns are now. x

i bonded a third in with my pair yesterday and they are already living in their playhouse together it was a perfect bonding and they look so nice together

Back