• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean?

drboo

Mama Doe
I have just given Jack and Taz a good groom. Whilst I was grooming them both (separately), they turned towards me, put their front paws on my chest and sat on their back legs. Taz did it first, and I was shocked, as although we are getting closer, she doesn't usually come to me willingly unless food is involved :lol: . Then Jack did it too. Are they scared whilst I am grooming them, or am I hurting them? Thanks :wave:

i bought a brush last week and Honey does the same, i am not to sure if she likes it as she also does it at the vets when she is scared.

Do you mean sort of leaning against you?

It sounds like typical friendly inquisitive behaviour to me :)

I've noticed that the vet too. I think in that situation there associate you with safe so they want to get as close as possible.

Tam

Mine are also closer to me at the vets, before their spays (and when Jess was bloated) they stand on the table and put their arms (ok front legs) up on my shoulders. If I'm laying on the floor at home they now often put their paws on me (Jess also sits ON me). I think it's a sign of closeness and it's nice :)

Honey also jumps in my arms at the vets. Harley jumps on the floor, The first time it happened the vets kept saying she was sorry and did not charge me.

Back