• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many times would you try to bond one rabbit?

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
With different partners? I have tried Ruffin with two and given up as she attacks them everytime. I think it links back to when she lived with her un-neutered brother...who regualarly tried to mount her and she would scream with fear. It seems to have left her psychologically damaged and she now attacks others before they go for her.

Tarquin is on his second bond as he gave the first rabbit a hard time with too much friendly attention. With Bella he is causing trouble by scrapping at her head when she comes near him and then she retaliates. I wouldnt try him a third time.

Max is the only rabbit I've found hard to bond but he's fine with recessive rabbits - as long as he's the boss he'll hang with an many rabbits as you like but as soon as another rabbit trying to knock him off top position he flips. Shayla was the fifth rabbit he was tried with - he fell out with his original friend, wouldn't get on with another female he was introduced to, wouldn't get on with Effie and Jess and then fell in love with Shayla. He also lived with Thumper and Squirrel for a while, both recessive male rabbits.

I have always found an acceptable partner for all of the buns we have had through. I had one bun who had gone through a number of pairings up but on the 4th bun we finally got it right. Admittingly we had to try all the tricks in the book to get them to bond, even a trip to the services at Stanstead to meet Cheryl when we did a bunny run!

Back