• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly Lost Ned This Morning - U/D 9th Sept 'Stable'

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Ned, my Rex in CHF took a turn for the worse this morning :cry:
He collapsed and was mouth breathing. This was before he had has his morning injection of diuretic and his heart pill. I could not give him the heart pill as he would aspirate it so I gave him the highest possible dose of his diuretic injection and then put him onto oxygen (portable cylinder borrowed from a neighbour who's late hubby had emphysema)
After 20 or so mins Ned did a massive wee and had stopped mouth breathing.

I fear Ned's time may be running out now, he has not had one of these episodes for several months. It seems his daily meds are not helping as well as they were

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Poor Ned :(

I'm not familiar with his story but I'm sure that he's getting the very best care from you as you seem very knowlegable about bunnies and their care.

I hope he's feeling better now **vibes** xXx

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry.:cry: I know exactly what you are going through, sending a hundred million vibes to Ned and hugs to you Jane.:cry: Xx

Thank you everyone:)
We seem to have managed to shift the fluid off Neds lungs with a higher dose of diuretic and he is a lot more comfy now.
His heart sounds are getting much weaker though :cry: and there are many more abnormal beats :cry:
As long as Ned remains comfortable I will continue to treat him with the Meds prescribed by Christobel. I know he does not have much longer with us and I wont allow him to suffer.

Janex

Poor Ned is struggling again. He has had another shot of diuretic and has been back on Oxygen.
He is now more comfortable but I fear 'a decision' may be needed in the next day or so

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane I'm so sorry. Poor Ned.
Sending vibes that he stays as well as possible and comfortable x x x

Back