• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 5 - Its going well! With piccies! U/D A Bunny Bundle!!

Fairy13

Wise Old Thumper
Hi. Just thought I'd pop on a couple of piccies of my bonding of 5 that we started yesterday evening!
The buns we're bonding are:
Rowan (harlequin? i think) & Niamh(dutch x with white stripe on head) who are mother and daughter who live together usually.
Boots (black face white "boots"!) & Biscuit (black face thick white band) who are Niamh's two brothers from the same litter. They live together.
Hector (mostly black but with little white nose) is Niamh boots and biscuits older brother from Rowan's first litter. He had the dodgy hip which has straightened up loads.
These are the some of buns I picked up from the little girl in London.
They'd only been together about an hour when these were taken. Apart from an initial scuffle between boot and Hector that we had to break up its been quite calm.

IMG_0555.jpg

You can see them all here. Boots is far left in litter tray. Then Rowan, and the Biscuit lying down nearest the camera, followed by Niamh and then Hector.

IMG_0554.jpg

Just had to add a closer up pic of bunny feet! Love them!

IMG_0545.jpg

And all the kids getting to know each other again.

We slept downstairs with them and had to get up a few times to keep an eye but generally it was just Boots chasing Hector a bit.

Its funny cos the 3 younger kids almost seem to recognise each other. I think Hector's having the hardest time as being by himself for a while previously he's a bit more jumpy around the others but he's still eating drinking etc and laying down relaxed. And Rowan. Well its almost like she's adopted mum role again. Boots humped her a bit and she didn't care and they all seem to just accept her presence and she doesn't seem phased by what they get up to!

Here's a pic from this morning:

IMG_0564_1.jpg

Thats boots going over to Hector and actually just as I took this Boots started grooming Hector. They have done a bit of grooming each other but who to who I cant remember.

What do you reckon? Its promising I think isn't it?! Oop I've just been informed Rowan grooming Hector now too! I'm so pleased for him! :D

:oops: Sorry for such a long post! I feel quite relieved!

Last edited:
Thanks! :D I'm really pleased. I hope it stays like this too!
They're in kitchen at mo and then once we're satisfied they're ok they'll be moving to a shed and run combo. Its new so it won't smell of any of them.
With the progress being like this so far, can anyone give me advice on how long they should stay in the kitchen under a watchful eye?!
Thanks for all your replies. ! :D

You could either move them now and then you've got all afternoon to check on them of move them first thing tomorrow then you've got the day to check on them. If you leave it til this evening you'll be worried all night and wanting to check ;)

You could either move them now and then you've got all afternoon to check on them of move them first thing tomorrow then you've got the day to check on them. If you leave it til this evening you'll be worried all night and wanting to check ;)

:lol: Very true! I am a worrier! I think I'll leave it til morning then and sleep downstairs with them another night. And then be home all day to keep an eye in their shed and run. I'm still keeping fingers crossed! Thanks!

Wow looks like it went amazingly well.

I agree with everyone else, wait another night just to be sure. Moving them will disrupt them a bit but as the shed is new I don't think you'll have any problems. Once they are settled can we have pictures of them in their new set up? You have gorgeous rabbits! :D

Thanks! :D Well they've gone out into their shed and run today and all has stayed well! Everyone's groomed everyone at some stage :D So we're very happy! I'll be a nervous wreck when I go to see them in the morning though :oops: I hope they'll get on ok tonight.
Its lovely to see them all together. They were all sat lined up in a row earlier.
And *touch wood* its all gone so well it makes me wonder whether they knew they were all family! :lol:

Back