• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

all this self blame.....

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
it hurts to see such good people blaming themselves for losing thier baby buns. the fact you are on forums such as this means you only want the best for your family... if they escape, contract evil illnesses, need thier teeth filing (from another forum) it does not mean we a bad bun moms.. it means we are doing our best but even with the greatest will we cannot 100% recreate the natural habitat that buns have....they get it better than that, they have happy stress free lives, they are not being preyed upon by wild animals and they know TRUE love and toys and plenty of fresh grub on tap, comfy blankets the list is endless...

All you bun mums out there who have just lost a loved one.. please dont self blame, grieve and remeber the good times and try not to dwell on the what ifs.... and please never say never about enriching the life of other souls, without you what hope do the negelcted bunnies of this world have???

*HUUUUUGGGGGSSSSSSS to you all*

that is such a sweet thing for you to say :cry:
i am truelly touched by every single word that you have taken the time to type out...
you are right,
other animals need me and i am a good owner...they deserve me and i deserve them :cry: :? thanku :)

Awww those are very kind words donnamt :) I was gutted after I lost Pepsi, but somebody said much the same to me when I was beating myself up over it, and I decided that his death wouldn't be in vain. As he had died, I had room to adopt a group of girls that nobody else had room for :) A week later I was so busy making their lives happy that it helped me forgive myself for Pepsi's death - you can't bring them back, but you can still do some good for the living :)

Thankyou so so much. I cannot tell you what comfort those words have brought. I really thought I would never be able to come on this forum again. But I have found you all so supportive over this. I just want to thank you and know that I have learnt a very grave lesson. My opinions of things have totally changed. Thankyou once again so much for this thread x

i agree. what everyone has gone through recently is not through fault, neglect, or anything else. its an accidental tragedy. i think what hurts the most is we all pride ourserlves in doing whats best, and if we feel weve made a mistake then we blame ourselves, more down to shock them anything else, because we feel we have let them down.

Some bunnies never happy-flop or binky,
some never strectch their legs
some never get to taste anything other that a little bowl of food every now and then
and some buns dont even have anyone to love them

everyone on here who has lost a bun and blamed themselves...dont. Accidents happen, and sometimes it doesnt matter how much you love them...unfortunatly love doesnt make people, or animals invincable..., and sometimes love isnt enough to save them. but at least you beloved pet knew what love and affection was. xxxx

Wise words indeed. I've taken the passing on of my buns very, very badly but when you take them on at 11 and 7 years old respectively, there's a certain amount of inevitability :cry:

I think it's important though to learn from what may have happened and think that's the best thing you can do for the buns.

I think it's important though to learn from what may have happened and think that's the best thing you can do for the buns.

Totally agree Jill.

Unfortunately i don`t know if i`ll ever be able to forgive myself for Blue, angel & Digby`s deaths:cry: But i have learnt by what happened & just hope it will protect my other bunnies.

Su.x

I don't know what happened to your buns but I do know Cannonwoman, that you are an excellent bunny mum and I would not put yourself through it. I admire the care you take of your animals and you should be proud of that xxx

But sometimes if we knew more, those deaths would be avoided. :cry: We don't let the people who keep a giant in a 3 foot hutch & have an accidental litter use the excuse of "ignorance", but that's what it is, why should we give ourselves the luxury?

Sure, we can learn from it & move on, but that's still lives that have been lost cos we were too stupid/busy/arrogant/over-confident.

God that's a depressing post.

ok angie how was i to know that my cat only had a third of his liver functioning from birth and that at almost 7 years old he would get an infection which would kill the healthy part, the vet was amazed hed lived so long and had never seen a case like it, i think the pain i felt was worse than when my dad died because if he had ever felt pain during his life he hid it very very well... millions of what ifs came of that death.... i could have given up on keeping pets right then believing that i must be cursed, that i am unfit to keep animals but the big empty hole in my heart needed to be filled so i got Alvin... i have read as much info as i can and what im discovering is no matter how hard we try to do the best bunnies are so delicate sometimes its beyond our control.... i started this thread because i do no beleive the people on here are too stupid/busy/arrogant/over-confident, these were genuine accidents and even with all the vaccines in the world may or may not of been avoided, its a tough choice deciding what is best for that little life that depends upon you and sometimes plain bad luck turns up and kicks you in the teeth. im getting Alvin neutured on Friday 100% sure this is the right thing to do... should it go wrong and i lose him (touchin wood it dont) i obviously took the wrong path.. see very very hard knowing whats right and that wouldnt be classed as ignorance would it?

Well Angie you will be pleased to know I will be retiring from bunnies. I have learnt my lesson and I am not the one who paid. I made the wrong choice where my buns were concerned. And don't feel I should walk away with any luxury believe me.

Dont say that Catswhiskas. I'm sure you are a much better bunny mum than a lot of people around.

Your rabbits were happy and loved when they were with you and you can pass that on to more bunnies that have never had that in their lives.

We all make mistakes. You did what you thought was best.

Please dont punish yourself for it. xxx

Its so hard when 2 beautiful bunnies are gone. Maisie wasn't even that poorly, but her genitals were swollen.She was such an adorable baby girl, so sweet. And Littlebun was a cheeky boy. My two dutchies, gone.

I know how hard it is to lose one bun, it must be terrible to lose two at the same time.

I really feel for you. xxx

I am obsessed with chekcing the tother now. Poor Caramel who has lost her 2 hutch mates is in a decline just sat in her bed. She is however still eating well. I am just terrified and am spraying fly stuff on them and everywhere about every 2 minutes. I can't stand this.

Back