• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urban Myxi cases??

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I've been wondering what percentage of this years myxi cases were in urban areas.

Has anybody heard of an outbreak in big towns or cities?

There are huge numbers of mozzies and gnats swarming in my garden, and I keep telling myself that my buns should be OK because I live in a suburb of a big city.

Am I fooling myself?

n.b. I do have a couple of unvaccinated buns here at the moment.

Amy

Sadly I think this year all areas need to be deemed 'high risk'

There are outbreaks within a 5 mile radius of me here in grotsville SW London.
Unfortunately the flooding earlier in the Summer means that there may well be standing water remaining in Urban Areas for longer than 'normal' making it a mozzi haven.
I will be re-vaccinating all my Buns next month ( 6 months from their previous vaccination) I normally only vaccinate once a year.

Janex

There has been a lot of trouble with it here in moortown, leeds.

When I took sorrel for her booster vaccs a few months back there were posters up EVERYWHERE at the vets warning of how many cases they'd seen.

I live in the city centre and I had to have 2 buns pts last night with Myxi, the other 3 I have may develop it anyday. I am terrified.

Back