• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns fighting when I'm around?!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Hey Guys :wave: Wondering if you can help me. As some of you know, Jeni & Rhia have been very happily bonded for over a month, not sure how long, they were completely loved up...anyhow, Just recently Jen has started attacking Rhia whenever I'm around :( Rhia will put up with it, as she is SO desperate for bunny love, but tonight I've had to split them. Rhia was tired of running away, and as they're both poorly w/pasturella, I really dont want to risk them getting worse. Rhia is pining, and theyre both looking for each other (breaking my flippin heart!), also I dont want it to get to a point where theyre really fighting, as Im guessing re-bonding is near impossible then. Has anyone experienced this before? And have any of you had to split buns then they've re-bonded? Thanks a lot :) X

Sorry can,t help Becky.My boys have the odd scuffle but i have never had to seperate them.
Hope all goes well with the girlies and they are friends again soon:D

Hi Becki,:wave:

I have had this trouble with my buns for quite a while. They are both female and I knew when I bonded them that it might be harder to do. It was quite a long bonding process and they have never been totally loved up. They have a cuddle and Flip grooms Snowy sometimes. Snowy also chases Flip away from me and pulls fur from her backside. She just doesn't like the thought of Flip having attention from me.

I have debated lots of times whether to split them up but I never have. I'm still not sure what to do. It's hard when I see such mixed emotions with them.

I hope Jen and Rhia improve for you. xxx

Bertie chases Fizz if she comes near me, he doesn't do it all the time just now and then hes a big jealous boy..

My group of girls has always chased and nipped when I'm around as they get excited thinking I have food :roll: I did think of removing Victoria last year, as she seemed thinner than the others, and was being humped constantly by Petunia. But I figured if she wasn't actually being injured she would be happier as part of the group than on her own, so I left her in and kept an eye on her. She is now bigger, not underweight, and quite bossy herself, and Petunia doesn't mount her any more at all, so who knows what was going on - they are all really happy now so maybe it's an age thing and they calm down with age - mine are nearly 3.

Back