• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

less active than normal but unsettled

armstronski

Young Bun
Hi
Got home from work today and Bob who is normally such an active bun seems quite lethargic and unsettled. He is a house bun who normally lives under the dining table but has access to an indoor cage at all times. Today his appetite doesn't seem as good as it normally is and he is spending more time sitting very still against the wall in his pen. Does this mean he might be in pain? He has still been grooming Amber his girlie bun but oesn't quite seem himself. He is normally such a healthy little bun but he almost looks a little depressed. Any ideas? Obviously if he shows any symptoms etc will take him to the vet tomorrow.

:wave: hello

When bunnies are poorly they tend to be subdued in their behaviours, grind teeth, sit hunched etc. Has he eaten normally and pooped normally today? If i were you I would probably pop him to the vets as soon as you can just to be on the safe side? I would proably do a check on him also, see if you can feel for a bloated tummy, anything unsual that would be causing him pain?

Thinking of you and hope your fluffy is ok xx

Like I just said on another similar thread - could it be the heat? It's really warm today. Have you got a cool, tiled floor he could lie on maybe? Try putting a fan onto him? They don't move around much when it's this hot and that can lead to stasis, so try to get him running about a bit too. Hope he's OK soon.

Bob ate his breakfast fine this morning but wasn't too fussed about his tea this evening which is unusual. He doesn't seem bloated just looks a bit down, if that makes sense. Think he is weeing and pooing ok but as they share a litter tray its a bit difficult to tell. Will watch closely over the next couple of hours. He is a very friendly bun but doesn't appreciate being picked up so not sure about rubbing his tum although I know that would be helpful if he is a bit upset.

Back