• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those with buns that suffer from stasis

Which commercial feed?

• Science Selective

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Excel

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Allan & Page

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other pellets

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Rabbit Mix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Apache

Mama Doe
Hi,

If you bun suffers from stasis, I was wondering which commercial feed (apart from hay) you fed your buns?

As I was wondering if there was a link at all with this.

Many thanks

Apache

Mine sometimes does - and he's fed Excel. But I'm pretty certain his has nothing to do with that. He only ever sufferes from this when he's moulting, you see.

I've just the one so far who's had stasis twice. He's on Allen and Page but I don't think its to do with that as both times he's had it he too has been moulting at the time. :?

I can't really answer this, as mine have suffered frequently over the last year, but they have had various foods over that period - so I think it would be very misleading to say what they have now which is SS.

I'm finding that feeding a smaller volume at a time (split feeds) is helping - ie a very small amount (4) then another 4 an hour later.

Mine has SS, but as someone else has mentioned, it is more likely to be down to moulting, as Bailey has been moulting heavily each time it has happened. I would have thought it is more likely to be down to the amount of food if anything rather than the type, but I think some buns have more sensitive tums than others, for various reasons.

Just to update with what feeds they have been on when they've had stasis: Science Selective, Proper Food 4 Pets and Oxbow.

I can't really answer either as my bun is on Excel Lite which is higher in fibre than Excel, so totally different really.

My lot were on Excel when they suffered most of their stasis attacks. However, they're now on Wagg (last 3 months or so) and seem better but Smokey had bit of a 'do' on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

I think that my lot just can't cope with pellets as their only hard feed, it's almost like they're a bit too concentrated for them.

My lot were on Excel when they suffered most of their stasis attacks. However, they're now on Wagg (last 3 months or so) and seem better but Smokey had bit of a 'do' on Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

I think that my lot just can't cope with pellets as their only hard feed, it's almost like they're a bit too concentrated for them.

I am coming to the same conclusions myself and am definitely having some good results with splitting the pellets into very very small portions (with an hour's break in between).

Thanks everyone - this has been really interesting...

I'm in the process of switching back to SS from excel lite, working on the principal that he didn't have a stasis attack in the 11 months he had this (nor the 2 months when he was on A&P), and has had 2 whilst being on excel lite..

He only gets about a dessertspoonful of pellets anyway, but I'm hoping this might do the trick..

Ax

Back