• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horris Is Dead!

rineyroo

Mama Doe
Oh i'm such a state. I must've left the tun on uneven ground. they both escaped, snowy was outside I found horris dead in the hedge. I'm going to have a pm done. I feel so guilty he was only two years old. I feel dreadful

Last edited:
:shock: i am so sorry for your loss...my bunny got put down yesterday of mxymatosis :cry:
did he eat something poisonous do u think? is there a possibility??

I think he could've had something poisonous. Its all my fault, if I had only put the run on proper ground, he'd still be alive. I feel awful. I can't stop crying. I've taken him to have a post mortem.

thats how i feel about tilly, she was only 3yrs 3 1/2months... :cry:

DONNOT feel bad sweetie ok? everybody makes mistakes but we all learn frm them...at least he didnt get killed by a cat or something hey :( i know its not much of a comfort but it could have been a lot worse and he could have REALLY REALLY suffered alone and scared whilst a cat attacked...hopefully he died quickly and pain free :cry: binky free little bunny, go join tilly xxx

Awww how sad :( I know I felt awful when Pepsi died as it was due to something I felt I should have forseen, but you just don't see some things till it's too late sadly :(

Thanks for your kind comments. Snowy looks ok, but a bit sad. I'll take her in later when i get the results from the PM. I can't stop crying. Three of my animals have died in just over 4 weeks. I must be cursed.

Thanks for your kind comments. Snowy looks ok, but a bit sad. I'll take her in later when i get the results from the PM. I can't stop crying. Three of my animals have died in just over 4 weeks. I must be cursed.

you are not alone, i am mourning for Tilly....she died just over 24hrs ago now :cry:

I hope he didn't die in agony. No matter what anyone says it's still my fault. i will never forgive my fault. My mum says I should take comfort in the fact that he had a better life than most rabbits.

I'm sorry to hear about Horris. Don't beat yourself up, sometimes these things just happen inspite of precautions.

You sadi yourself he had a much better life then many rabbits, please take comfort from that.

Hugs

FC

You're not cursed.
And you shouldn't beat yourself up about it, either. If your bunny was anything like mine, then he was probably thrilled with himself at having 'escaped'. And your mum's right - some bunnies don't even get to play in runs.
Hope you & Snowy feel better soon. *hug*

So sorry to hear about this. I felt terrible when Nougs died of flystrike, but as you say, we know our buns have had a lovely life
Binky free Horris.

Back