• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mega vibes needed

Ruby has really taken a turn for the worse, I fear I may have to say goodbye to my baby girl soon.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please please keep her in your thoughts, my heart is breaking seeing her like this. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jess I am so sorry :cry:
Could you speak with the Vet about increasing Ruby's Frusemide? It may keep her more comfortable.
My Vet says Ned ( my Rex in CHF) can have up to 2mg/kg every 6 hours on 'bad' days.
It may be better for Ruby to have the Frusemide via injection now as her guts may not be working 100% efficiently, therefore the oral Frusemide wont be absorbed into the bloodstream and the injections will ensure she gets maximum benefit from each dose.

Sending more hugs Jess :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh, I am SO sorry and saddened to hear this.....poor Ruby, and poor you. :cry: :cry: :cry: I REALLY hope that she rallies round and improves, and has a lot more time to spend with you. Sending all of the good vibes that I can muster to you both. XXXXX

Thank you guys.:cry:

Jane - I asked and she said I could increase it a little bit, she said it comes at a risk of dehydrating her, but I have to do something.

Ruby is going to the vets tomorrow, the vet gave me an option of having her pts or have an x ray (which she probably wont survive.):( I don't know what to do, she is really suffering, but I want to give her a chance.:cry:

Argh this is SO hard!!:x :x :x I think I will have to opt for the x ray, then Millie and I can say goodbye to her just in case, but hold on to the hope that she may pull through and there may be an answer. However; if the x ray shows there is nothing we can do I will just ask for them to put her straight to sleep, then she can just slip peacefully away.

This is the hardest decision I have ever had to make!:cry:

Thank you guys.:cry:

Jane - I asked and she said I could increase it a little bit, she said it comes at a risk of dehydrating her, but I have to do something.

Ruby is going to the vets tomorrow, the vet gave me an option of having her pts or have an x ray (which she probably wont survive.):( I don't know what to do, she is really suffering, but I want to give her a chance.:cry:

Argh this is SO hard!!:x :x :x I think I will have to opt for the x ray, then Millie and I can say goodbye to her just in case, but hold on to the hope that she may pull through and there may be an answer. However; if the x ray shows there is nothing we can do I will just ask for them to put her straight to sleep, then she can just slip peacefully away.

This is the hardest decision I have ever had to make!:cry:

I think you are doing the right thing Jess. The Vet may be able to do a concious X-ray. Then if the results give very bad news you and the Vet can decide what to do. Alternatively if Ruby has sedation and slips away she wont 'suffer', she will just go to sleep.

I have gone through this so many times with Rexes in CHF Jess and can truely empathise with how you feel right now.

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Me and the Buns are thinking of you and Ruby today Jess.
Please let us have an update as soon as you can.
Lots of gentle nose-rubs for your beautiful Ruby

Janex

Back