• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange behaviour?

fluffsta

New Kit
Hello,
my nine week old bunny is acting a bit odd. She nudges me hard from behind me as if she wants attention and then i turn round and pet her and then she bites me and she has done this several time. she doesnt bite hard enough to hurt or anything. she does this sometimes when i am paying attention to the other bunny. is this playful behaviour or is she unhappy?

I'm no expert but the nudging when you are with the other bunny seems to be a hint of jealousy.

How do you approach her when you pet her? It could be that she's scared if a great big hand is coming towards her?

she's quite good in that sense as i put my fingers is her directions and she brings her nose to me for a pet and then she bites me! seems to be to be jealousy too! and then maybe a little bit pf playfullness! she is a cantankerous little bunny anyway! i just want to make sure she isnt unhappy (but then her ears are up and she seems ok!)
thanks!

Back