• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which is the better pellet?

Mine all eat SS happily whereas they didn't with excel and it's solved all mucky bum problems

I currently use Supa Exel Junior, but have heard SS talked about a lot. The new bun i am getting eats SS so i am wondering which to change. Can i just change their diet or do i do it gradually. Mine seems ok on Exel not stickiness but wasn't sure what to do for the best.

Last edited:
I currently use Supa Exel Junior, but have heard SS talked about a lot. The new bun i am getting eats SS so i am wondering which to change. Can i just change their diet or do i do it gradually. Mine seems ok on Exel not stickiness but wasn't sure what to do for the best.

I'd keep the new bun on SS and change over the settled one.
xx

I use Science Selective and am very happy with it as are the buns.

If you are going to change then you should do it grandually over a number of weeks, increasing the amount of the new food each week (and proportionally reducing the amount of old food).

Hannah

Biscuit & Bobby are on Supa Excel Lite and that's cleared her mucky bum. Bobby's just on it 'coz he was on Supa Excel at his rescue home and I didn't want him eating the junk Nibbles eats. I've tried Nibbles on it, but she doesn't like it. She likes P@H junior/dwarf nuggets, but they give her a mucky bum!
I've never seen SS anywhere in Scunthorpe. Where can I find it on the Internet? It might be worth trying Nibbles on it.

Only ever had one rabbit turn his nose up at SS, everyone else loves it.

The only time I have fed Excel was to a rabbit who needed extra Vit. E, Excel has a higher content than SS.

I have had mjor problems with one of my buns this year and sticky bottom (after high dose of Baytril it was difficult to get him back on course), I changed over to Oxbow Bunny Basics which is a hay based pellet and he his is fantastic now. He did like the SS and Excel but they were not helping his tum.

i use Oxbow too - but out of the two mentioned here - def SS. I used to use and only switched to see if lower calcium diets would help my incontinent bun. I'm now treating her for EC anyway, so when the bank account doesn't stretch to Oxbow anymore, I'm going back to SS. It was great.

Science Selective for my bunnies, too. I don't like the smell of Excel and Snoopy's soft poos got better after I changed him from Excel to SS.

Science Selective definately!!! I used to use Supa Rabbit Excel but Darcy started getting a bit of mucky botty. After switching to SS no probs any more!!:D

ive heard super excel make the nuggets for pets at home own brand which i use and not had a problem with sticky bum there always right the poos and she very healthy.:p

Back