• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i was so stupid :(

rianne23

Mama Doe
hi guys....:wave:
do you remember me???? i had 11 rabbits, most of them were looking for new homes, 1 of which found one..:rolleyes:

well i had to leave my partner due to emotional abuse, after 4 yrs of putting up with it.sadly i had to leave my bunny wabbits behind as i had to flee.

well anyway, i moved in with a family for a while, til i got sorted a bit. Anyway i found a house, so decided it was time to get Tills back....:D ...kids went to my new bfs mums for day, and we travelled 2 1/2hr journey to lowestoft just for tilly!!!:roll: i had lots of other things to collect, but all i really cared about was getting my tilly back!! ;)

so we got her, brought her here, she had soooooooooo much fun!! a whole garden to play in, she ran around with the kids..:lol: ..they loved it, hutch and run at night....everything was perfect...apart frm tilly seemed a bit distant. so Yesterday i got her a guinea pig friend, who, after much debate, i named Tuscany....:)

Tilly did look a little poorly yesterday but she seemed really happy to have a new friend and took about grooming her new roomie!! for hours!! i went out to check them @2am this morning and they were cuddling away!!!:p

I go to do morning feeds this morning, an Tilly is in her hutch section really looking poorly. Eyes swollen, lethargic....:shock:

i call vets, they make appointment for tomorrow, so i explain my concerns a little more in depth..:?

i get told about how rabbits go down hill so fast, and told possibilties as to wat it could be....
:(
i take her to the vets only to find she has MXYMATOSIS :shock: :cry:

i am gutted, i had to have my beautiful best bunny wabbit in the world put tot sleep there and then....i feel so terrible, i cant stop crying...i had her frm when she was 8weeks old. She was only 3 and a half.... i should have had her vaccinated......i am so stupid and its all my fault. i am in bits i am lost.....

i am going to write a dedication to Tilly in rainbow bridge in a minute....i am just so gutted she has gone....

:cry:

OMG i have just had to edit this cos that picture below this writing is of Tilly :cry:

:( i called the RSPCA on my ex as he was unfit to look after them, and they got taken by them :)

its just that otherwise they would have jsut been neglected cos i was not there to look after them

how do u attach pics to this again? is it photo bucket??

yes i do but in my defence the vet did say although vaccines do help to prevent mxy, they do not stop it always...however there is more chance of survival if they are vaccinated...not by much tho :(

Where i was before the vets told me tilly didnt need it, but where i am now, the area is high with mxy and i didnt know it....i am so angry :evil: :censored: with myself...i dont think i will ever have another rabbit :roll: :(

i didnt mean for the last part of my post to sound like a dig or nothing i apologize if it came across like that.

i know loads of rabbits who have died this year of Myxi who have been vaccinated! so i know either way myxi can kill them :cry:

to be honest after my lot i dont know if il ever have another rabbit either but thats only because i dont cope very well when they do pass on :cry:

no no its k i understand.... i was stupid

we have an eperdemic with mxy, it the mosquitoes that are causing it...see i thought it was just wild rabbits that spread it....now i know different. seriously i cant do it again it hurts too much...

i may give my guinea pig to my cousin, i just havent got the heart without Tilly :( my beautiful little Tuscany needs companions and my cousin has guineas who will look after her so i may be best to..but i am not sure cos she was close to Tilly even if they knew for a day!!

Im verys sorry to hear of your loss ..very sad.
Maybe you could keep the guinea pig and get it a friend? and look after them, rabbits and guinea pigs shouldnt be kept together.

Very sorry for your loss xx

That's so sad, I'm really sorry for you :cry:

My first vet said the VHD vaccination wasn't necessary, so I changed vets.

I know it's so hard but don't let this experience put you off having more buns in the future. You will know what to do next time.

She can't have suffered long and you did the right thing in putting her to sleep, without a vac she would have gone on longer but with no hope at all and that would have been even sadder.

I think you have learnt where you when wrong and you sound very sad indeed so I just wish you the best with everything, animals and boyfriends alike.

RIP Lilly, binky free little bun xx

I'm so sorry you lost little Tilly Rianne. :cry:

Did you tell the RSPCA she had myxi? I'm not sure how long it takes to show or how long you had her back with you before she died but is there a possibility the others might have it too?

i had her a month and a half back here, it usually incubates itself for about 2 weeks..so the others will be fine. we have a high mxy thing over here in bedfordshire so thats y. i am not doing it again. this yr has been very warm and damp hence all the mosquitoes

i am just distraught i dont even want to look at her hutch and run or the garden for that matter :(

Im so sorry for your loss. xx It must be very hard for you.
If she was from the RSPCA was she not already vaccinated when she left?

xxxxx

Im so sorry for your loss. xx It must be very hard for you.
If she was from the RSPCA was she not already vaccinated when she left?

xxxxx

Read the whole thread :roll:

Sorry you lost your bun, it must be a terrible feeling for you. Maybe you can channel those feelings into something positive. How about getting a guinea pig to go with your lonely piggie and creating a wonderful environment for them and making them really happy? It's not a replacement, but it would be a shame to not be able to give all that love to another animal or two.

:cry:
I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things were..

awww thats so very sweet of you for thinking of us....nope i am bunniless now :cry:

my ex still has the father and son rabbits.....Tiger was given to a little girl with Buck ..but Buck sadly died, and i am going to put a tribute to him on rainbow bridge a little later as i have only had the intnernet for a week....

the rest went to the RSPCA and tilly came back home to me where she belonged and should still be *kicks herself* :censored: :cry:

Back