• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First time nail clipping!!! Aghhhh!

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
So my bf and i just got Bobbin into the bathroom, aka the place where scary things happen to bunnies! He needed some eye ointment and whilst we were at it I decided to give nail clipping a go.... yes, I hear ya... OMG!

Never done this before and I suppose I've been putting it off:oops: He's four months old so it was about the right time to do it.

I got to work and it was so hard at first... their feet fluff is soooo long!! Manged to find them and I was doing well... apart from shaking like a maniac! I got to the third nail... and oh dear, he flinched and almost got free! :shock: :shock: :shock: I was so scared, luckily when I looked at the nail it was ok... yes, very close to the quick but not bleeding... PHEW!!

So I proceeded with extreme caution and only took the very tips off the others!! Gave him a treat afterwards and he was right as rain! Awwww :love: my brave little baby bun :D

Just thought i'd share my first nailing clipping nightmare with you! :D

Brave bunny and even braver Bunny Mummy :thumb: I can't imagine he needed much clipping off at that age, but it's good to get him used to it while he's little enough to handle :D Thankfully I've never needed to cut my girl's nails in 2yrs - I would probably get my arm ripped off if I tried :shock: Benny is very good though - his seem to grow quite fast as did Tia's, so they get done about 3 times a year :)

Back