• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no! It's panic at the vets tomorrow!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry: My poorly ikkle Bluey Pooey is having his ducts flushed, and after what the vets said I am FREAKING!!!!! I really hope he is okay, How am I suppsoed to concentrate at school??????? :cry:

I know exactly how you feel.....but I am SURE he will be okay!:D Just try to keep as busy as possible and think POSITIVE......and before you know it, it will be tomorrow night and he will be safely back home with you. Sending LOADS of vibes for your bun, and a hug for you. XXX

I really hope hes okay, however, I would consider sending a letter/phonecall or whatever to the rescue, as theres NO way he should have been rehomed to anyone when he had an illness. Its very neglectful of the rescue, and certainly not what I'd call proper practice. What if someone else got blue but didn't do anything? It really saddens me to hear this.:(

I agree with you and it would be terrible if someone got him and didn't get them done, usually I woudl complain and maybe my mum woudl ask they ro help with the vet funds, but as Blue didn't come from a proper rescue, just a lady who ahd a bunny that needed re-homing and his problem did get worse after I had him ( although he was in a state when we got him :( ) he ahd weepy eyes and a dirty bottom when I got him.
So I'm not going to copmlain, I'm just going to tell them about Blue's problema nd see what they say.

Hiya :wave:

We used to have a bunny who had her ducts flushed out almost EVERY week! She was fine and was an older bunny too so try not to worry.

Suzanne

:cry: Thanks,
BUt the vets said there is a problem as Blue isn't very well and my react to the GA, especially if the infection has spread :cry:

im sure everything will be fine my rainbow bridge bun Flopsy had his tear ducts lots of times and teh infection in his eye never went away :( his eye looked just like Blues.

im sure he will do great like i said its a quick procedure so shouldnt cause to much stress on him.

sending vibes to Blue

My Biscuit has to have her ducts flushed every few months and between them she's on Tiacil twice a day.
I remember first time she had em done I was just like you, but I was so glad to see my baby back again. She's had em done about 5 or 6 times now and both of us realise there's nothing to worry about :lol: xx

:cry: Thanks,
BUt the vets said there is a problem as Blue isn't very well and my react to the GA, especially if the infection has spread :cry:

Why is the vet giving him a GA for a tear duct flush? It is not necessary. If the vet knows what he is doing he should not need the bunny to be anaesthetised to flush the tear ducts. Have you thought about finding another vet? If Blue is not well an un-necessary GA is certainly not a good idea.

Back