• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i feel so horrible =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
i had Simba out in the run this morning and i when i went to put him back in his hutch before, he wriggled in my arms and he jumped out my arms and fell to the ground he landed on his back in the cat water dish :cry: i quickly picked him up and checked him over hes hopping fine and went straight to his food dish when i placed him back in his hutch. i feel really horrible this is teh first time this has happened it really shuck me up :cry: i think its time i book him into get neutered hes turned really bad tempered at the moment.

Don't feel bad, it's not your fault, it has happened to me with Mack and I felt sick but he was OK, the trouble is they wriggle so much and you try not to hold too tight in case you hurt them and then they jump, I know how you feel and it's horrible............try not to blame yourself xx

So glad he's okay--they are so unpredictable and uncontrollable at times that it can and may happen to any of us. Too bad they aren't as good at landings as cats seem to be!

Bailey has jumped over my shoulder, hit the wall and landed on the floor at the vets before... and he was there because he was ill! They seem like they are ok being held and then they make a mad leap :roll: I'm glad your bun is ok, I bet it was a shock for you when he did it!

on Monday Benji done that to me but i managed to hold on to him, if i had dropped him he prob would have run away :shock: hes so wriggly but not good at being handled!

Bertie did something similar with me the other week, he jumped out of my arms and caught his nail on my kitchen notice board and ripped his inside nail off, he didn't seem bothered but there was blood splattered everywhere :shock:

I felt awful and cried my eyes out but Bertie was fine, did not bat an eye lid!

Shouldn't worry about it too much, these things happen :)

Basil was sitting on the floor infornt of me and then he hopped onto my knee, then he leapt over my shoulder and landed of the pointy guinea pig run :cry: he just looked a bit dazed then ran off under a hutch :roll: then came back when I picked his pellet bowl up :lol:

I felt so awful, even though I wasn't holding him, I should of caught him :cry:

peanuts the same, once he bit my arm and in complete shock i let go,cus hed never bit me before and it made me jump. he fell, i didnt see how he landed but when he got up he was rolling his head around! he stopped after about ten seconds and i took him to see my cousin hus a vet and he was fine, just shock but it makes you feel so bad! it wasnt your fault though xxx

Back