• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Pro-biotic for bunnies when on Baytril

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
As well as taking all four piggies to the vets yesterday (who dont have mites by the way :D), I ended up taking Oscar and Polo. Polo was fine, she just came along to make it less stressful for Oscar. I noticed yesterday that Oscar has clear mucus around his nose again, and was making a weird noise when breathing. This is his only symptom, he runs around, binkies, eats and poos a lot.

Anyway, the vet checked his breathing and what not... and said he sounded fine, and it was most likely an allergy, as he has had this before, and doesnt seem to be corrected by antibiotics. He is on Baytril again, just to make sure it isnt a bacterial infection. He is also on Bio-lapis.

My question is.... Is this the best Pro-biotic for bunnies when on Baytril, or is there anything else which is better. Also, just to check, how often should he have it, and how long after the antibiotics have stopped should he have it?

Sorry for a very long post.

I have switched to using Avi-pro plus....I dont know that it is necessarily better but it comes in a big pot and works out much cheaper than the sachets.

I use Bio-Plus.
i know many people use bio lapis, but i`ve had some bunnies that don`t like it whereas i`ve never had a bunny turn their nose up at the Bio-Plus.

Su.x

My bunnies hate all probiotics, whereas the piggies love them. Best one I've found is Entrodex - worth a Google! :)

Back