• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis

Apache

Mama Doe
Alfred has had a second stasis attack, he got over it with infacol, tummy rubs, and exercise.

I took him to the vets for a check up anyway, and all was fine. The vet asked me if he was fed a mix, and I said no, the vet said some rabbit mixes contain locust beans, which can trigger stasis in some rabbits.

Anyway I checked when I got home, as he does have the rosewood herbs plus for breakfast, and excel lite for his supper, and sure enough the herbs plus contains locust beans, so that's going in the bin now!

I couldn't understand how I could have him for a year without any problems, then within 6 weeks he has 2 stasis bouts. About 10 weeks ago I had taken him off science selective, put him on excel lite, and the herbs plus. So he will be going back onto the SS - better a few excess caecotrophes then another stasis, me thinks.

Ax

He eats loads of hay, I get really nice seed hay from the stables, which is quite stalky and he loves it.

Although its just gone up from £2.50 a bale to £4.75! Which isn't a problem for Alfred as it takes him about 3 months to get through a bale, my horses on the other hand are chomping through 6 bales a week between the pair of them. But who needs new clothes...

Back