• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grandpa Has Hind Leg Paresis :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Over the last few weeks Grandpa's right hind leg has become weaker. This has been attributed to age related arthritis in his spine (Grandpa is 10+)
He is on Metacam to try to reduce inflammation and gentle physio to try to maintain some muscle tone. However over the last 48 hours Grandpa has almost lost all use of his right hind leg :cry: He does not appear to be in pain and is eating and pooing OK. I am helping him to keep himself clean. I will be speaking with Christobel later to see if there is anything more we can do for dear old Grandpa Gregory. I fear there may not be.........

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Awww poor Grandpa Gregory, it's such a shame Jane, I am sure that if anything can be done then Christobel will do it for him, sending vibes to Grandpa xx

Oh Jane, poor Grandpa:cry:

Sending vibes for him............................ I know you will do everything possible for him.

Thinking of you both,
Su.x

Aww, poor Grandpa Gregory :cry: what an age he is though Jane, you have done well with him and im sure you will do all you can to make sure he is comfortable and happy. Let us know what Christobel says. Good luck. Sending lots of hugs and vibes for you both xxxx

Thanks for all your replies :)

Christobel has said I am to continue Grandpa's physio and Metacam. We dont expect to see an improvement in his hind legs but we hope to slow down the deterioration.

Grandpa remains very happy within himself. Should that change then I will ask Christobel to help him to The Bridge:cry: :cry:
I dont want to lose him :cry: :cry: but I wont let him 'suffer'.

Janex

Aww thinking of Grandpa, I lost Vinnie to arthritis only a couple of weeks ago :( He was coping well until just one day whilst I was away my boyfriend found him really depressed and all use of his back legs gone completely :( My vet agreed that it was time to say goodbye :(
I hope he stays strong a while longer :)

Back