• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow Bridge

pompom07

New Kit
I am new to Rabbits United Forum and and to rabbits, I clicked on Rainbow Bridge tab for the first time tonight, I can honestly say I cannot stem the flow of tears, reading some of the messages was heartbreaking.
I would just like to say to everyone who has lost their precious pet how SORRY I am and I love the Rainbow Bridge, although I hope not to need it for some time.
LOVE TO ALL TRACYXXX

I am new to Rabbits United Forum and and to rabbits, I clicked on Rainbow Bridge tab for the first time tonight, I can honestly say I cannot stem the flow of tears, reading some of the messages was heartbreaking.
I would just like to say to everyone who has lost their precious pet how SORRY I am and I love the Rainbow Bridge, although I hope not to need it for some time.
LOVE TO ALL TRACYXXX

Awwww I am sure many folk will be grateful for your condolences.

Janex

I'd like to add that I can't read it as I find it too upsetting :cry:
Just want the folks who have had buns go to the bridge know that it's not because I don't care :cry:

I'd like to add that I can't read it as I find it too upsetting :cry:
Just want the folks who have had buns go to the bridge know that it's not because I don't care :cry:

I am just the same :( I read the description of what rainbow bridge is on a rescue site. I couldn't even read it properly, it upset me so much. Its so lovely, but I'm welling up now just thinking of my pets waiting there for me :cry:

Oh Pompom07 bless you that is so sweet. Its the worst thing to ever have to write on Rainbow Bridge, however there is some sort of healing in it and it is like a lasting memorial. xxxxx

And I thought I was the only one who had this trouble.

I really do feel for all the bunny lovers who have lost their beloved friends but I just cannot bring myself to look through the posts as I end up with tears in my eyes.

I will say now that I send my thoughts with all of you who have or will lose their little pals.

I find it upsetting but I always read it because those folks that have lost a pet need our comfort and kind words, having lost bunnies I know how helpful, supportive and comforting it can be to have people add comments, it's like realising that other really DO care, so I always read them, it's not easy but I feel I have to do it to support. For the past 3/4 months I have done the list for the Candle Ceremony too and that is really upsetting when they are all listed and always end up in tears but I feel that it's important to the bereaved to have this Ceremony because many people in ordinary life ie work, neighbours, relatives just don't understand how traumatic it can be when a pet goes to the bridge.

Goodness, I have just read through this and it sounds like I am criticising you, I am NOT, I was just trying to explain how hard I find it but I do it to comfort others because having lost I want to know that people care as well, I really don't think I am explaining myself very well:oops:

Last edited:
I confess I never read rainbow bridge - but if someone says a pet has died in the only 3 parts of the forum I have time to look into (chat, rabbit chat, rabbit care) I will offer sympathy :(

I was terribly upset when Tia died and I posted her pics in rainbow bridge, which I found very comforting as it was like having a memorial to her - so I'm glad rainbow bridge is there for the sad times.

I find it upsetting but I always read it because those folks that have lost a pet need our comfort and kind words, having lost bunnies I know how helpful, supportive and comforting it can be to have people add comments, it's like realising that other really DO care, so I always read them, it's not easy but I feel I have to do it to support. For the past 3/4 months I have done the list for the Candle Ceremony too and that is really upsetting when they are all listed and always end up in tears but I feel that it's important to the bereaved to have this Ceremony because many people in ordinary life ie work, neighbours, relatives just don't understand how traumatic it can be when a pet goes to the bridge.

Goodness, I have just read through this and it sounds like I am criticising you, I am NOT, I was just trying to explain how hard I find it but I do it to comfort others because having lost I want to know that people care as well, I really don't think I am explaining myself very well:oops:

I dont think your criticising hun :D It must be very hard doing the candle ceremony lists :( I get in a right state just lighting my candles so cant even imagine having to do the list :( I really should go in and post because your right people do need support x

Back