• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 bucks together doesn't look good

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Me and my brother put both Buttons and Casper on the grass together for a small introduction (there both neuterd) there was alot of chasing and Buttons hiding and then some fighting, Buttons and Casper where rolling across the grass holding on to each other so we split them up before it got serious.

Buttons had a mouth full of Caspers fur:shock:

They do sniff each other alot through the mesh and see each other alot, should i try them again in a few weeks, what if they never bond and my dad won't most likely allow me a partner for casper:(

To be honest things wont be much different in a couple of weeks - if you have the time and stamina now is as good a time as any. When you say they are fighting is it locked on serious or is it scuffling and fur pulling?

Didn't look locked on serious we where able to split them up pretty easy just scuffling and rolling across the floor (looked more like a drunken bar scuffle) and lots of fur pulling, you could see fur flying in the air.

There both laid back buns even before there neuter, buttons has een done nearly 3 months and Casper 4 1/2 weeks, is it to early stll after Casper's neuter to bond males properly full time?

Each individual bunny is different so it's hard to say but I would have thought 4.5weeks would be ok. They will scrap and fur pull as they sort out their pecking order and pushing them apart is a good idea but I wouldn't personally actually seperate them as they need to go through this.

It's not just locked on teeth that can do damage - they whirl on the floor and kick at each other and their back claws can do a lot of damage, so check their tummies too.

Don't worry if they don't bond though - my 2 singles are happy just to have other rabbits around - they flop next to each other seperated by their run mesh, and feel secure with bunny company - just no grooming. They look quite fond of each other till you put them together :rolleyes:

Back