• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi Outbreak - Shepperton/Hersham/Walton-on-Thames….

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I had a letter through my door last night from a local vet saying that there has been a huge myxi outbrteak in the above and surrounding areas so thought I would let you all know! They think its down to the fact that we had a lot of rain followed by warm weather.

I got my buns both vaccinated in March - do you think its worth getting them done again?

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I had a letter through my door last night from a local vet saying that there has been a huge myxi outbrteak in the above and surrounding areas so thought I would let you all know! They think its down to the fact that we had a lot of rain followed by warm weather.

I got my buns both vaccinated in March - do you think its worth getting them done again?

Thanks a lot!

The vaccine gives protection for up to 6 months. I am wondering if I should get all mine done again as they were also done in March

EDIT: I will be getting all mine done again in October
Yikes, only about 45 vaccines then.................:shock:
Janex

Last edited:
Just checked with vet and going to get them done again in October..

Weird thing is - i haven't seen one mozzie around?!?!

Just checked with vet and going to get them done again in October..

Weird thing is - i haven't seen one mozzie around?!?!

Ditto - think I've had about 2 bites all "summer" too whereas I normally get bitten to pieces. I've not seen any wild buns with myxi around here either, normally see a few as I live surrounded by farmland

The vaccine gives protection for up to 6 months. I am wondering if I should get all mine done again as they were also done in March

EDIT: I will be getting all mine done again in October
Yikes, only about 45 vaccines then.................:shock:
Janex

If i were you I would do them now! the more protection you can give the better. xx I have some due in October but will be having them done this week as we Ave more warm weather to come. :roll:

if they were done in March then they are due in September anyway.

If i were you I would do them now! the more protection you can give the better. xx I have some due in October but will be having them done this week as we Ave more warm weather to come. :roll:

if they were done in March then they are due in September anyway.

Hmmmm, Christobel wants to do them at the end of Sept-beginning of October as they were last done at the end of March. She doesn't want to do them less than 6 months after their previous vaccination

:?

Janex

i live quite near this area - but my buns are currently on a 6 week course of panacur for EC. They were due for their yearly vaccine nowish, so should i be worried? Can they still have their vaccine? how long should it wait?

Back