• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SUPER Vibes Needed For Blue!!!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
OMG!
we took him to the vets at 6 PM only to find out his tear ducts need flushing!
The vet said that there is a large chance he won't survive the GA :shock: :cry: because of the infection, on the otehr hand if he survives then the treatment will either not work or he will need it regularly :cry:

I thought about it for ages but I decided it wasn't fair for him to live with a horrible gunky eye so we have booked him in for Thursday, I am so scared for the little guy :cry: at least if he does die he'll be under GA and won't feel a thing:cry:

I wish the vets flushed his ducts earlier,
vibes please :cry:

when flopsy had his tear ducts flushed they never put him under aneasthetic :?

but sending vibes to Blue im sure he'll be fine!

Floss had hers flushed once without GA. At least |I think that was what it was.... I'd taken her with a sore eye and Keven put a small needle in the inner corner of the eye and put liquid through which ran out of her tear duct.
Good luck on Thursday. I'll be thinking of you and sending vibes.

Hiya
Paddy had his done a couple of monthes ago without a GA. They did however say if he became awkward or distressed they would put him under GA but he was fine.
Hope all goes well :)

Will keep my fingers crossed for Blue... i do hope he gets through it all ok and it sorts his eye infection out this time.

Fifi had her tear duct flushed a while back too.. they just gave her a local anaesthetic injection and a nurse held her still.. i didnt watch but she's normally very lively and they didnt have to knock her out

Aww no, sending huge vibes for Blue. Im sure he will be fine.
Opal has had her tear ducts flushed twice without a GA, she was given local anasthetic to both eyes and was fine... hated me afterwards.

Fingers crossed for Blue.
Can't you ask your vet if he will consider trying without GA to reduce the risk? If not it may be worth searching out a vet that does this kind of procedure - it would give Blue much better odds :? :)

Back