• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What could have caused this?

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
When i went out to do the bunnies this morning Minky had diahroea, the was some on her playhouse floor & she was in quite a mess underneath.
I cleaned her up & then gave her some pro-biotics, blackberry leaves & willow. Also gave her lots of fresh hay & haven`t given her any pellets today.
She`s fine in herself, eating & drinking normally & within a couple of hours was back to passing normal healthy golden poos.

But i`m totally miffed as to what could have caused it & the fact that her poos have returned to normal so quick?
She had nothing different in her diet yesterday, she did have a small piece of brocolli with her veg last night but has had this before & always tolerated it fine, plus in my experience if they have an adverse reaction to brocolli they normally get bloat & gas build up, rather than the runs.

Fortunately she`s fine now, but i just wondered if anyone had any ideas what could have caused her upset tummy?

Su.x

Hmm strange. i am in that postition to. My rabbit gave birth this morning and she had alot of diahroea which has worried me as she has not had it before. I have cleaned out her toilet area and put fresh shavings down and keeping a check on her every hour her back end was in a right mess and i did not want to fuss over her with her just giving birth. Also boiled some rice and put the cooled rice water into her normal water bottle hopefully to dry her up a little.

Hope you find out what it is soon so if it is anything you gave her you could cut it out of her diet. Glad to hear she is ok now though could of been a one off just like us people :roll:

Back