• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Rabbit Residence Rescue is in danger of closing!!!

Hi all,

I hope I'm okay if posting this.

I visited the Rabbit Residence yesterday (to get some photos of the bunnies for the calendar in fundraising). Anyhow Caroline told me about the potential problems she's having with planning permission (one that I feel is becoming common?).

Looked at her website this morning and noticed that she has started an online petition and asked if anyone can has any comments on her situation!

Here's a link to her website:
http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/

She has so many adorable rabbits there, and they are all very friendly and all run up to her as she passes - would be a shame to see this close.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hannah

I really would urge everyone to sign this petition. My Heather came from the Rabbit Residence rescue and I get along to help out whenever I can (which isn't terribly often unfortunately!)

Caroline has an excellent ethos - she neuters, vaccinates and bonds every rabbit which comes into the rescue, and insists on a minimum 6*2*2ft hutch with a minimum 50 square foot run attached. She does such an excellent job of educating people about how much happier rabbits are with lots of space to display natural behaviour, that they gladly make a bespoke run specifically to meet the requirements.

Many of the bunnies at the rescue are lucky enough to have the run of large areas of land on a daily basis - yet these rabbits do not run away from humans; whenever you go near they will come up to say hello and to get nose rubs, and she trains them to go to bed at night on their own. She works tirelessly every day to support the rabbits in her care and it would truly be a tragic loss if planning permission is refused. Please sign the petition to show the Council how needed this rescue is!

It would be such a shame if it closed :cry: , i have visited Carolines website before and the work she does is amazing.

Signed the petition

Back