• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple and Peach baby food? - Blue needs help

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I was wondering if it is okay for rabbits, I am worried Blue isn't eating much ( he has a vet appoinment tonight)
Also could I mush up some science selective and add it to water ( i heard this is similar to science recovery)
He is very thin and weak so I thought baby food would be better as is has a bit of sugar in so would eb good for energy.

I feed baby food to rats when they are ill and I presume that it would be ok for rabbits so long as the ingredients are all things they would naturally be eating just liquidized.

I am sure the experts will be along to tell you for sure but with rats eating is always preferred to not eating.

Can you bring the appointment forward? If he is weak then I would ask if they would fit him in between appointments.

I think either would be fine to give him. I'd probably see if the appointment could be brought forward seeing as he's weak.

he isn't weak, sorry i meant like he was very thin and not movign about much, he can stand, walk etc he just doesn't want to, I gave hime some pellets/mix and he started to eat it but then gave up as if it was too hard, i'm thinking it's maybe his teeth :(
The appoinment can't come forward as my mum is the only one who can take me as my dad is very ill, and she is at work but is back about 4:30
so we will go straight away.
I just remembered he didn't like the recovery stuff so should I try the baby food?

Is the baby food dairy free? If so I think it would be ok, but I'm not so sure if he is really unwell :?

Anyone more knowledgeable know?

it's apple and peach puree ( dunno how to spell it :oops: ) so basically mushed fruit, I just wasn't sure of the peach?

If he is thin I would try him with soaked porrige oats, that's what I give to Ruby as she is losing weight. Just make sure to start him off with a little bit at first to make sure he doesn't get a tummy upset from it.

Yes it can be fed to rabbits but I would add some probiotic powder to it and water it down if you plan to syringe feed as its low in fiber and high in sugar.

Back