• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Babies

traceybrowne

Warren Scout
my doe is giving birth this morning i just went in to give her morning feed and cuddle, the she is in the nest i think i counted 7 so far but could'nt tell i think there is one dead tovery small deformed but i will wait till she is settled then remove it probably this afternoon.

If it is in the nest is it ok to try and pick it out as i don't want to touch them?(although she was a great mum last time with my hands in) as last time there was one dead but it was away from the nest so it was no bother. She made a nest but she has put no fur in at all this time which is a bit worrying seeing as the nights are getting chilly. Also she has her hutch under the kitchen window and i am due to get new windows fitted this week. Will it be ok to move her to the bottom of the garden as there is going to be alot of banging and unknown people around her. I sure do hope she does not kill them if she is disturbed. Although she is a very placid rabbit.

Last edited:
Can't you reschedule the windows? Moving her might make her kill the babies, as might lots of banging if she think someone else might be trying to get them :? Maybe just give extra bedding and hope that she incorporates that into the nest? And put a cover over the hutch at night to keep the cold air out. You can always use a glove rubbed in her bedding to take the baby out, she might react badly to your scent despite what she was like last time.

Does your rabbit live outside or inside?

If she is outside you could remove her from the hutch and then gently carry the hutch further away from the house and then replace her in it for the period of time that the windows are bing replaced.

definatly reschedule. by moving her she could react in panic, and by leaving her the noise could give her added stress.

I cannot reschedule as i live on a council property and it is them doing everyones houses. Well she finally gave birth to 13 this time very big infact the biggest i have seen.

She lives outside and she has a hutch hugger for the cold nights and i will also put an extra tarpauling sheet over. She has pulled fur now they have all be born and are all snuggled up. So tomorrow i will put her in the run and gently move her hutch further down the garden.

Hopefully they do not put my windows in until next week. Oh my i have been waiting ages for the windows since april now they have finally come round at this time grrrrrrrrrrr. Nothing i can do now but try and cope :roll:

I will be fine i have had it before few years back now and it was 10 so an extra 3 more but this is the last litter for this year and maybe most of next. Hope i get some lovely colours this time. I have the space the time and the food so i will manage just fine. Hubby will have to take a back seat for a while :lol:

I will be fine i have had it before few years back now and it was 10 so an extra 3 more but this is the last litter for this year and maybe most of next. Hope i get some lovely colours this time. I have the space the time and the food so i will manage just fine. Hubby will have to take a back seat for a while :lol:

Oh, thought it was an accidental litter:?

Oh no i breed german lops and Netherland dwarfs. It was planned but this will be her last litter this year. I think she deserves a rest

Hi, sound like you will have your hands full for a while.

Good Luck hope all goes well with the windows and the babies.

Mummy to Hotpot

hya good luck with the babies.a giant i had ages ago had 12 and 11 survived.the council never come on time so dont worry!xxx:lol:

hya good luck with the babies.a giant i had ages ago had 12 and 11 survived.the council never come on time so dont worry!xxx:lol:

:lol: ya right there they said in April they would be round withion 6weeks and they are just round ours now. They have not been today so if they don't come for another few days that takes us into the weekend so next week they will be 7days which if they are moved gives them a better chance not getting stressed although Radish is a lovely bunny mummy and trusts me.

Back