• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People who use hanging baskets as a hay rack

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Could i please have a photo. I have my hanging baskets... £4.95 reduced to 49p! @ B and Q. Bargain. Not sure how to attach them though.

Thanks in advance

here ya go :D i just attched mine to the wall with screws :D

rabbits001.jpg

Mine's a half basket too, and I tie it to the run with cable ties. Teddy and Jemima eat out of it, Pippa and MJ ignore it :rolleyes:

Can people be careful that their buns don't jump into their hayracks. It could cause a nasty injury if a leg got caught. :shock:

what do your rabbits live in? I had a hanging basket when i had mine in a dog crate.. i just hung it from the roof. Im now looking for a long wall one as they dont have a roof other than the ceiling of the room which is too far away

If it's for a hutch, hang it on the door at the top. That way when the door is closed the hutch roof covers the top and you can open the door to fill it up :D

Tam

mine do get in theirs but (you cant see from the pic) the inside is totally meshed so there isnt anywhere they can get their feet caught
they are much happier using this basket than any of the others i ahve bought them :D

Where do you buy the baskets, I've been everywhere this morning looking for them, B&Q, Focus, Homebase and nobody has got any?

Mine sit in them and jump on them, with no problem. As long as they're kept filled up, there's plenty of padding for bunny feet. I attched mine with tie wraps.

DSCN1190.jpg

Bobby adn Ruby have one that hangs from the roof too
DSCN1070.jpg

I have a hanging basket with chains and a hook attached. The chains are adjustable. Bought it in Concord for 99p:) It does make a frightful mess if you hang it outside of the hutch or whatever you use for a house ...... which is why it is now filled with towels and being used as a bed by my rats:lol: :lol:
Taz

So as well as the mysterious disappearance of shopping baskets, there is now a national shortage of hanging baskets.

I have the half ones..

Thanks everyone, only I can't find anywhere thats got any, I've tried Homebase, Wilkinsons, B&Q, Focus and I can't think of anywhere else, I'll keep looking though

wrong time of year for hanging baskets which is why no ones selling them and all the bargains that everyones got are the reduced clearance stock.

never thought of using hanging baskets for hay racks though - ingenious!

Back