• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Q

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
I was just wondering.I have herd that a rabbits stomach and how it works is simalr to that of a horse.So I know moldy hay can colic a horse so I was wondering it moldy hay would have simalr effect to a bun?
I was just wondering caus eit just poped into my head.

That's a good questions. I think it would, and I'm sure some on here could tell you for certain. I wouldn't feed anything less than the best to my buns, that's why I'm always on here asking questions. :oops:

me two Im already hearing people finding stuff in their hay for the buns as for the horses.And sadly I have seen what bad hay can do to a horse.

One of the "checks" for good quality hay is that it smells fresh - not stale or mouldy. I wouldn't want to even store mouldy hay around the buns as the mould spores could make them ill, regardless of what it may do if they eat it.
If you do a search for colic there's quite a few cases of it in past threads

I know about what mold spores can do(I lived in a house with very high levels or air mold made my whole family sick)

and oh how I hate Coilc:evil: .Its a horse lovers worst nightmare.I saw my first horse die from it:x :(

I always smell and check the hay befor handing itover to the buns.I also make sure its nice and fresh.

Back