• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weird question

I think you can tell by their teeth, but I'm not sure how. That's how my vet does it. Also, once the testicles drop in males they're about 4 months old. I'd like to know the answer to this question as well! It always disappoints me that as I have rescued all of my bunnies, I don't know their birthdays. :( I try and guess with the help of my vet and star sign characteristics!

Teeth are not a reliable way to tell a rabbits age. They discolour through food rather than age....I have had one year olds with yellow teeth while my three year olds are pure white. To some extent tooth wear is helpful but as they grow constantly anyway :roll:

Mostly they cane be narrowed to less than one year, between 1 and 2 years and then it gets harder until your hitting around the 5/6 year mark!

Yep, four months for testicles. I think there is a bone that fuses about 11 months. After that I think it's pretty much guess work tho.

Tam

Back