• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pringles still not right :-S

Pringle

Warren Veteran
All day he has just sat about, everytime i go out he puts his nose up to see if i have any food for him but he doesnt seem interested in his mushy food :cry: he has eaten a wee bit carrot, and spinnage but thats about it,:roll: he was grinding his teeth earlier so his tummy is maybe sore. He done a few poo's in his grass run earlier but looked a bit like human poo:oops: but small, there has been a couple of roundish ones but they look quite wet but have some shape to them. Do you think it is his belly? :cry: xx

I think it sounds like he has bad teeth and his mouth is sore..... Evo is exactly like this when he needs a dental. He really wants his food and seems interested and excited about it, but can't / won't eat it because his mouth is too sore. :(

He does have on-going teeth problems and vet said one of the molars is long but im sure their is more to it, yday he never poo'd at all and i took him to vet but she said his belly wasnt gassy or anything :cry: ...but i had been giving him infacol all day so maybe got rid of the gasses!:cry: ... she has given me med to give him all day today to help move his stomach etc but hes just sitting their. He did manage to eat carrot and a spinage leaf but i dont know if that would upset his stomach more? x

If he's not been eating, he wouldn't poo though??? And bunnies can be affected by their teeth in different ways. When Evo goes funny from his, he never has much that needs doing, but it's obviously enough to upset him. Have you got any pain relief for Pringle? Hope he feels better soon and that someone can come along soon and give yoy some better advice than me. XX

Im hoping it is his teeth so when he gets them cut he will be back to his old self. :cry: he looks so sad. I dont have pain relief but he has vet tomorrow morning at 11 so will see what vet saying now x

Oh I'm so sorry Pringle is unwell. I hope you manage to get to the bottom of it and he gets better very soon. Lot of vibes for him xx

Back