• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch for Asbeau!!!! any opinions?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I decided I don't want Asbeau to live with Blue and Magic ( but I am still hopefully getting the girls spayed despite that)

Anyway, the shed he is in at the moment is being converted into a piggy shed so we are looking at the hutches on happy hutch for him, I was thinking maybe a 6ft hutch with run underneath?
The 6ft version of this: http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=44&categoryID=6
do you think that would be okay for him?

Last edited:
I'm no expert on hutches as I only do sheds now (I like to be out of the wind and rain myself....never mind the rabbits!) but the one you're looking at is either the same or very similar to the new ones Lou's had at Hopper Haven, and she's happy with them as she's had several recently :D
They're nice and easy to clean out as there is plenty of easy access.
Would you put them on concrete or grass?

Is there a pannel (with a bunny sized door) between the bed area and the other bit at the top? My eyes aren't great and I cant see one! Its just that I can imagin that, with winter comming it'd be a bit chilly in there without a little wind break!

Is there a pannel (with a bunny sized door) between the bed area and the other bit at the top? My eyes aren't great and I cant see one! Its just that I can imagin that, with winter comming it'd be a bit chilly in there without a little wind break!

yeah there is :)

I like them with the separate bed section 'cos you can stuff it out with hay in the winter to keep them snuggly.
Would he also get a run on grass or out of the hutch? I'm only asking as the run on the bottom isn't big enough (IMO) for them to get any real exercise?
I suppose it would be easy to extend the run bit on the bottom if you needed to :?

I don't have grass in my garden but he is a lucky bunny as his hutch will be in the rabbit enclosure so I could give him a few hours supervised exercise every day easily, in bad weather they exercise inside

I think it's a nice hutch and it looks well built and everything, but I'd probably get one with a slightly larger run attatched instead, so that they get more excercise. Tis a nice hutch though, I just like mine to be out in their runs all day :) x

Back