• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im feeling quite overwhelmed

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Everything just seems to be happening at once! I have so many things wrong with certain bunnies and so much speculation about what some of their problmes are that I barely even know where to begin. I keep writing out lists and action planes for each of them but its not making me feel any better :(

I have Gypsy who has FRS, a problem with overdrinking/urinating and I think she has lost weight, plus possible heart damage which may mean we cannot spey her.

Paige whose Pasteurella has reoccured, is on Trimethoprim and who also seems to be overdrinking/urinating.

Trixie who is still on Trimethoprim.

Misty who is also on Trimethoprim and desperatley needs a spey but is too fat to be neutered and also needs a diet but I dont want to upset her system by putting her on the drastic one she needs as she is still recovering.

Plus all my other lovely bunnies who are waiting on homes and Casper who still needs his neuter which had to be cancelled last week.

Can anyone make me feel better....Im sure there are plenty of you with more to deal with than me! Stress over now :D

I can't make you feel less stressed I'm afraid because I only have the one bun! But I can express how I feel about the admirable job you are doing; you say you are stressed but the way you write makes it seem that you really do have it very well organised in your mind. The action plan for each bun sounds like an excellent idea :D

Good luck with it all and healthy healing vibes for all your buns xx

Oh hun, your doing a fantastic job with the bunnies you take in, I know I couldn't do it.

Action planning's a great idea! It helps get a bit a perspective when it's down in writing.

Everythings a learning curve and every experience helps you be better prepared if it ever occurs again, obviously hoping anything like this doesn't happen again.

If you ever need a hand with absolutely anything just let me know,

Nicola

Awwww - it's sad that your needs are being neglected Sooz - any chance of a holiday, even just a weekend away?

I haven't got any sick animals at the moment but it is very wearing when there are, not just with the nursing but the worry! I do struggle with my lot (I've never had much stamina/strength) so have put a limit on it, which makes me feel better.

Hard to do when you are a rescue! You do need limits though as you feel out of control otherwise, which is very stressful. I tend to go around muttering 'only 8 more years' when I'm exhausted, as I've decided to retire then (I'll be 53! :shock: ) - it keeps me going, even if I'm lying to myself :rolleyes:

I think I know how you feel a bit, with my always sick bunnies and also sick piggies - but that's on a smaller stage to your problems, so you must be so stressed. :(

My advice would be to try not to take on all of the responsibility yourself - to a very large extent you are in the hands of your vet.

Really hope things improve. x

So sorry you're going through it at the mo Sooz - I know how it feels when lots of buns all seem to be ill at once. Keep focused on the good things - Casper has a home, Misty is on the mend and you are doing everything you can for the others. You and they will come through this and you will find your time when all your bunnies are well and you can breathe again - til the next time. It's hard taking in bunnies who are coming from situations where they need you but think of all the ones who have been given a second chance because of you - Tammy for one, I am very glad you took her in.xxx

Sorry to hear you're having a stressful time, this is for you:

bearhugblinkie1.gif

Back