• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

West Nile

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
Yikes just found out domisticated buns can get it . Has anyone herd of many buns who have got it??We have to be careful with all our pets specialy when we had horses.But buns to :evil: stupid misqiutose.Anyone else have to deal with the ******* , if so do you worry about your buns and west nile?

Hi, are you in the US? I am (Wisconsin), and I used to work at a blood donation center. One of the new tests we were validating (testing to see how accurate it was) was West Nile. In the hundreds of units of blood donated each day, from most of Southeast Wisconsin, they only ever found one person who tested positive over several years of testing.

Obviously an animal that is outdoors all the time will be more at risk. But I personally think that rabbits shouldn't be kept outside in my area anyway because of the summer heat and because I have heard of cases of rabbits with frostbite and a few even freezing to death. If your rabbits are indoors with occasional outdoor playtime they shouldn't be at much risk. I'm far more scared of bot flies and fly strike than West Nile Disease.

It's a disease spread by mossies in Africa. There must have been cases of it in USA, but none here so far. I thought it was a human disease, but perhaps it can spread to animals...

It's a disease spread by mossies in Africa. There must have been cases of it in USA, but none here so far. I thought it was a human disease, but perhaps it can spread to animals...

Thanks for your reply. I hope we don't get it here.

West Nile is a deaisie spread my misquitos. There have been a few cases her last year and already 1 this year.

Back