• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burns Oat Hay - up for grabs!

bunny_scabbit

Warren Scout
hmm.. i recently bought my darling bunny some of the green oat hay from BB which he absolutely loved.

on another website i then saw the burns oat hay which gave a little more in quantity for a little less cash, but the problem i have is the fussy little ratbag turned his little rabbit snout up at it!

having bought 2 bags of it i am offering up the unopened bag to anyone who would like to pay for just the postage of it. i can't bring myself to throw both bags away.

royal mail has quoted £2.92 for the 900g.

of course if anyone wants to pick it up from the DA12 area then it's yours for free.

right, off to BB to place yet another order :)

That's interesting - I bought a bag of the Burns Green Oat Hay recently as Rosie loves it. She definitely wasn't as keen on this bag, although she does eat it. It was also cut into short little pieces and the stuff I had previously was in really long stalks. :?

I dropped them an email about it asking if it had changed, and the reply said it was the same stuff but lots of people's bunnies couldn't manage the long stalks and it was now going to be cut into short bits :?

Could you tell me - is the Bunnybasics green oat hay better generally? Thanks :)

That's interesting - I bought a bag of the Burns Green Oat Hay recently as Rosie loves it. She definitely wasn't as keen on this bag, although she does eat it. It was also cut into short little pieces and the stuff I had previously was in really long stalks. :?

I dropped them an email about it asking if it had changed, and the reply said it was the same stuff but lots of people's bunnies couldn't manage the long stalks and it was now going to be cut into short bits :?

Could you tell me - is the Bunnybasics green oat hay better generally? Thanks :)

preston would say so :D i think thats what he prefered about the BB stuff, the long stalks, he loves them.

The burns stuff was cut and appeared alot darker than the BB.

Sarah, I have just PM'd you.

Sorry Carol X

i agree that the burns is not gobbled up as quickly as it used to since they've changed it! Oh well, they still eat it, just not as fast or eagerly! I have **** loads of the stuff at the mo (about 5.5 bags :oops: ) and so will just keep using it up til it'[s gone and will try the BB stuff after just in case.

So is the BB stuff more like the old Burns?

i agree that the burns is not gobbled up as quickly as it used to since they've changed it! Oh well, they still eat it, just not as fast or eagerly! I have **** loads of the stuff at the mo (about 5.5 bags :oops: ) and so will just keep using it up til it'[s gone and will try the BB stuff after just in case.

So is the BB stuff more like the old Burns?

i don't know what the old burns was like but the BB stuff i got was very pale in colour and had very very long stalks, which preston loved to play with before eating :D

Oh no...I'm awaiting delivery of 8 bags of the Burns 'cos the bunnies love the long stalks, and it's their favpourite of all the hays.
If they've changed it and my buns don't like it I'll send mine back :(

i don't know what the old burns was like but the BB stuff i got was very pale in colour and had very very long stalks, which preston loved to play with before eating :D

yep I'd say that was more like the old burns! oh well.

BB Mommy - mine still eat it, it's just not as mad a rush as it used to be. It's still better than the meadow hay though - they still don't ever walk up to that for a nibble.

:wave: For anyone who's interested, this is the email I got from Burns when I queried the new cut -

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We had comments about the Green Oat hay in the longer lengths and mini bales because it was not lasting as long and rabbits with bad teeth were not managing the pieces. Therefore we asked our supplier to provide us with finer green oat hay (still the same quality, just a different cut) so these rabbits could manage it.

I am sorry that you are unsatisfied with the hay. It is from the same source and therefore the same quality plant."

Back