• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else.... when in p@h

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Look at the bunnies and get upset, and wait for someone to say they want one... and then mention rescue centres, and then they end up leaving without a bunny :thumb:...??

Today, a young couple were looking at one, and the guy said to his girlfriend she should rescue one... and she said 'but theres no rescue centres around here'...

So i jump in and inform them that there are in fact three... and i say about neutering and vaccinations and the costs etc... and how it is better to rescue one that needs a home than to buy one... and i gave them the website address and told them what to do... and they left without a bunny... and said they would look.

I will get chucked out one day :lol:

The reason i was in was that i wanted my aquarium water tested (and it was free :oops:)....

SORRY THIS SHOULD BE IN RABBIT CHAT... :oops: can a mod move?

:oops: Hmm I have been known to mention about how much looking after a rabbit needs rather loudly whilst stood next to the bunnies! I have also been known to stand by the hutches and loudly show my disgust at just how small they are and how I wouldn't even keep a hamster in one!:oops:

:oops: Hmm I have been known to mention about how much looking after a rabbit needs rather loudly whilst stood next to the bunnies! I have also been known to stand by the hutches and loudly show my disgust at just how small they are and how I wouldn't even keep a hamster in one!:oops:

:lol: :lol:

And the last time i was in i demanded to see whoever was in charge and then proceeded to lecture them because none of the bunnies had hay :evil: :(

:lol: :thumb:
Yeah i do that too... :lol: My boyfriend tells me to pipe down though :lol:

Well done Joanne :thumb:

I haven't actually spoken to anyone who was looking at bunnies directly (I don't go in that often) but have made loud comments about conditions and stuff. Oh, and I did speak to the manager to ask why bunnies and piggies were being kept together and to point out the lack of hay. I think O/H always squirms a bit when I do this :lol:

If I have to go into P@H, my husband REFUSES to go in with me unless he absolutely HAS to!!!!!:p :p I have been known to rather loudly vocalise my concern for their shortcomings whilst people are viewing the buns!!!!!:p

Me? No way :angel:

I can't seem to keep my mouth shut, the words you know just slip out, and I end up advising people - can't help it :lol:

:lol: :thumb:
Yeah i do that too... :lol: My boyfriend tells me to pipe down though :lol:
Yes I do that too:lol: I managed to talk a family out of buying one of those really low "rabbit"(?) runs. I explained it was more suited to a guinea pig, and asked what sort of rabbit they had and when they said they hadn't got the rabbit yet, but were just trying to get living accommodation sorted I told them about the hidden costs(vets vacs neutering etc) and advised them to go down the rescue route, and about this forum and how it is full of useful info etc. For once they looked really interested and didn't start to edge away with a look of panic in their eyes!! Even Rog loiters with me near the rabbit pens at P@H and our garden centre and we had a fairly loud conversation about rabbits and rescues, costs etc if we see people who look about ready to buy one:lol: :lol: I reckon it's just a matter of time before we are shown the door!!

I don't as no one buys them from our p @ h as theres another woman there!!

he he. i wish i was that brave. i do feel the bigger older ones need homes tho. x

I was in today getting a hay rack & bigger water bottle & so O/H could look at fish tanks. As we were paying for the stuff, a little girl (around 5/6) walked in saying (loudly) to her mother & grandmother that she "wanted at least 2 or three bunnies" otherwise she "wouldn't love it/them".

I loudly said to O/H "have you heard that child??!" then said something about caring for and loving one/several etc, at which point I turned to the staff member at the till who had her head down & a grin on her face! lol :D

Last edited:
I always check, thats how i ended up with Dillion he was the smallest bunny who looked really ill, i mentioned it to a member of staff and she said he was fine, i bought him there and got him vet checked he was on antibiotics for just over a week.

I'm to scared to talk to anyone in a pet shop:lol:
My biggest problem when walking into a pet store is that I'm afraid one day I will come home with a rabbit or some other animal:roll: I've started working at a pet shop for one day a week trhough school and already the first day I found a minirex:shock: the breed I've wanted ever since i heard they existed, however they were very rare in Norway. I tried to find out where she came from and though the boss had forgotten to write down who bred her, I tracked down the breeder by asking on a forum. Coincidentally I already knew her, she was the one who bought my Sasuke's sister, and also one of few minirex-breeders in my area so I guess it wasn't that much of a shock:roll:

I do the whole complaining loudly about the furries and my dad does the same with the fish! He HATEs p@h too, especially when he called for the mananger who was too ignorant to admit he was wrong. My dad was able to answer back every excuse infront of a few people who were thinking of buying them, they promtly walked off!:lol:

I have complained loudly about how buns can live for 12 years like a dog yet anyone can just walk in and buy one falsely believeing they are cheap, cuddley and short lived! It put one mum off whose little girl wanted one.

You know, P@H's RU stalkers are gonna track us down someday and shoot us!:lol:

My local P @ H are pretty good so I don't complain much, I did end up chatting to a woman once as she was looking at getting a rabbit for her daughter and she decided not to in the end :D

Weldone :D!

i think ill be going in to the new petshop near me and give the staff a few helpful hints e.g rabbits need hay :evil: x

i think i just embarass myself in pet shops lol i go to my local garden centre for my food and hay and when im by myself i dont say anything but when i go in with my mum or sister i always talk extremley loudly, one time i stood by the hutches and i spoke loudly at how small they were etc, another time i stood looking at the rabbits and i spoke very loudly to my sister saying i feel sorry for these rabbits there going to be bought for a child and forgotten about then dumped in a rescue with all the the other 1000's of unwanted rabbits and today i was buying some excel pellets and my mum said 'why dont you get the mix its cheaper' i then loudly answered her with a big lecture on how mix isnt very good for the rabbits etc. :oops: :oops:

Our P@H in Scunthorpe had a make over a few months back. They have an adoption centre how, and it's ALWAYS rabbits in it. Shame is, it's such a tiny enclosure. All the other bunnys are either in Bunny Village, and the Giants have an enclosure the same size as the guinea pigs (which is huge)!
There was 1 bunny in there last time I was in, and he had no toys! He was just layed there looking miserable! They always put a little note on the window too. Like "Benny, age 5 months. Reason for rehoming: Our owners couldn't look after us anymore" for example. It's always the same reason too!!!

Think you guys have brain washed me!

Went to Pets@home today and a couple were looking at the most adorable rabbit with their son and I could tell the woman was seriously considering buying it (to be honest I'm surprised I didn't bunny nap is myself as it was gorgeous!!). Anyway I butted in and said that rabbits are much happier in pairs rather than on their own but they must be neutered. Thankfully the woman said they weren't sure whether theirs was a female so wasn't going to get another until they knew. They bought it on impulse last week from P@H :evil: . But she did seem to listen when I said they should both be done and also when I said about going to a rescue rather than a pet shop. Am going to start embarrassing myself if I keep doing that!!!

Back