• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

one night pit stop post neuter! U/D Pit stop found!

charl343

Warren Scout
Hi
Paddy lives outdoors however is due to be neutered next week and I want to keep him in overnight however don't fancy paying 70 for a nero cage!! Any ideas?!?! (Im scanning ebay as I type!!)

Last edited:
A large cardboard box? a sectioned off bit of room? the bath?!
(i have kept buns post op IN the bath before and they've not jumped out!)
Dont worry too much about buying something to keep him in indoors if its only 24-48 hours post neuter.
Of course saying that an indoor cage can come in handy sometimes.

Sunday is car boot day, you will find all sorts of options. Last week I saw dog crates, hutches, puppy pens, child stair gates (would confine him to a room) all for less than a tenner. Their are car boots am and pm in most areas.

It's actually best that he stays in his normal environment - temp shouldn't be an issue at this time of year. Just keep a close eye on him to make sure he is eating/pooping and keep anything that might poke into his wound away from him.

It's actually best that he stays in his normal environment - temp shouldn't be an issue at this time of year. Just keep a close eye on him to make sure he is eating/pooping and keep anything that might poke into his wound away from him.

I don't agree - we are having quite chilly nights at the moment - my vets won't even release them after neutering unless you promise to keep them in overnight as they can go into shock.

Thanks everyone. There is a nero 3 on ebay on £10 at the mo and its really close to me so I will see how that goes, otherwise I will ask the vet or i could be a bath job!!! With the unpredictable weather etc I'd like to keep him inside just for one night to keep an eye on him :)

I would agree about keeping them warm ... tempt them with food - and provide somewhere he can sit on like vet bed or something as hay/straw can irritate - you might want to put water in a bowl as well as a bottle, ass he might not be feeling up to drinking from a bottle... and let him have some quiet :D - but generally boys bounce back pretty quickly - so he may well appear fine within a couple of hours!:lol:

have some hipps organic baby food in a jar, the liquid one, and a small syringe. is great if they don't eat. I always have a jar in stock now in case of emergencies and needing to syringe feed buns. They prefer the sweet, pudding ones and take it quite willingly.good luck x Jess

Back