• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lops??

chloe27

Young Bun
whats the difference between dwarf,mini,french,english and german lops???....i have dwarf lops and they seem fairly big lol

i had the same confusion a while back, a dwarf lop has no connection to netherland dwarf, and the arent actually small! french lops are large breeds

Dwarf and mini are the smallest of the lops (Not sure which is smaller as we don't have a mini lop in Norway) French lop are the largest, and english have extremely long ears.

It's always funny when someone says they want a small rabbit....a dwarf lop.

My response is 'hmmm.....are you aware that the dwarf lops have a tendency to get quite big'?

They then respond with, 'but it's a dwarf'.

The term 'dwarf' throws some people.

In norway lop dwarves/mini lops (we call it dwarf, and there's only the one) have a standard of under 2 kg, (ideal weight is 1.9) but many can get as much as 3 kgs due to overfeeding and bad breeding:roll:

Minilops are smaller than Dwarfs. It seems much like any rabbit with longhair on its head is a lionhead, most rabbits with lop ears are 'dwarfs'.

I have a true minilop and he really is tiny by comparison to other lops, about the same size as my Dutch.

didnt realise there were so many types of rabbits....i love the lop rabbits coz their ears are just soooooo cute!!
.i knew my rabbits wouldnt be small cos their parents were fairly big....we werent looking for a 'small' rabbit when we got them so we arent under any illusion about them being little...i was just curious about the difference in lops

they are so cute and cuddly oh and those ears....:D

Back