• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

VHD concern...

~Splottifer~

Warren Scout
I've just picked up Splotts Girlfriend to be (hopefully- crosses everything) She's GORGEOUS :love: but I also found out that she hasnt had a VHD vaccination :?

I thought she was fully vaccinated so I didn't do any research, is it ok to put Splott in the same room as her yet or do I need to get her vaccinated first? Could he carry VHD from his vaccination somehow and pass it to her? HELP!!!

she's in a seperate room at the moment and I've washed hands between her and Splott just to be on the safe side (was going to leave her in the room alone for tonight anyway to settle after the stress of the journey and change)

well i put domino and pebbles together and she hadnt had her VHD, and the RSPCA told me she was okay as she had had a checkup etc, and just to get it done asap. but i might be wrong?

I got my second bunny a few days ago. She is vaccinated for myxi but not VHD. She only had her myxi vaccination a few days before I got her, so she will have to wait a couple of weeks before she can have the VHD one. I don't think the VHD vaccination is a 'live' virus, so your bun wouldn't be able to pass it on. That was my understanding of it anyway. Mine are together and have been since they met at the rescue center. Hope yours get on well when you introduce them :) Mine are doing ok, not best friends yet, but they don't hate each other which is a start! :wave:

Back