• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Angora Staying - sexed as twin sex

Alpha

Warren Scout
:oops: WEll the sarga of the Which sex my foster bunnie is over - it is both!!!! - i took it back to the centre to confirm one member of staff said male the other female but the genital area was defo not quite right. So off to the vets we went when the first vet say her said female but according to the records this bunnie has been neutered. So at one point it did have testicles. So off to another vet at the same practise for a second opinion and he confirmed that she has a part vagina and part penis - They agreed with me that she/he gential area is defo abnormal. Anyway thats problaby why she got picked on in the first place by the other females cause they could not work out wot she was. But Mr Pips has fallen for her so she is staying with US :) her name was joey but we called her jojo as we were not sure if the sex.

i want to add a picture is the only way thro the photobucket site??? (thats her in my name bit tho managed to do that) :roll:

Last edited:
Awww - so I guess she can get pregnant then or would they need an ultrasound to see if she has a womb? Hope she/he is happy anyway :)

Ooo how strange, I didn't know that bunnies could be both sexes at the same time! I know people can, I guess I just didn't think about it affecting other animals too :) Well she has the love of another bunny and I'm sure he doesn't care :lol: Makes her unique :D
The only ways I know of putting photos up is with photobucket or imageshack. If you have your own website then you might also be able to use links from there? I'm not very technologically minded when it comes to things like that I'm afraid :lol: I used imageshack to do my signature :wave:

Are they sure its dual sexed? Some rabbits have a fault called a 'split penis' when the penis is split so when the rabbit is sexed it looks like a doe, yet the rabbit has testicles. So its buck. Its a hereditary fault and because of the split penis the rabbits are often urine stained underneath because it tends to go everywhere when they pee.

Back