• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

reasons to become veggi **WARNING**

rabbits-are-cuties

Warren Scout
Hopefully this thread will make people thing twice about meat.

[admin edit - images posted on the site should be suitable for all ages, please see rules]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are horrible pictures and conditions but I will still eat meat, we buy our meat from a local farm so we know how it's looked after, they have the free run of feilds etc, I know it's not really a constilation, but it's better than knowing it suffered horribly.

BTW I am part veggie, I only eat white meat ( it's a start!)

Same here, i only eat white emat too. That picture with that big white animal hanging...is it a...a...horse? :shock: :(

I know they are horrible pictures and conditions but I will still eat meat, we buy our meat from a local farm so we know how it's looked after, they have the free run of feilds etc, I know it's not really a constilation, but it's better than knowing it suffered horribly.

Same here. I think it is a consolation of sorts really, I know that the animals have not suffered in miserable living conditions, have been fed and looked after well, and have had a humane death.

I deplore conditions such as those depicted above. :evil:

The animal hanging is a cow. Look at its face and legs, and the body is too large in proportion to its legs for it to be a horse.

AMETHYST

The force feeding of ducks/geese is appalling and is done to create foie gras, I tasted it once before I knew how it was made and its not even nice, posh ******** eat it, it should be made illegal.

The force feeding of ducks/geese is appalling and is done to create foie gras, I tasted it once before I knew how it was made and its not even nice, posh ******** eat it, it should be made illegal.

Yeah there are certain meats I would NEVER eat because there's no way they can be created in a humane way - foie gras is one of them, veal is another. :evil:

AMETHYST

Veal has supposedly got a lot better due to changes in legislation (someone I spoke to at food fair was telling us), but I'd rather not eat it its pretty tasteless anyway I don't see the point in it.

:evil: :evil: this is awful. Its so cruel, why do people have to do this is such acareless way....they shouldnt do it at all but its horrible, i dont understand some of the pictures and to be honest i dont think i want to, i think its a cow to, looks like one xx

There is NO such thing as 'veal which is reared better', the calf is cruely removed from its mum, stuffed in a crate where it recieves no sunlight or exercise and is DELIBRATELY fed food lacking iron to make its meat white. That is CRUEL and barbaric, so if it was tasty, I'd really hope you still wouldn't eat it.;)

I have been veggie for a month, and am eating considerably less dairy, and my parents are also slowly beginning to cut back on meat! Its absoultly digusting how animals are reared and killed, and I refuse to be any part of it, free range or not.

I never watched videos, i cliked on one but before it started i crossed it off..:cry: did anyone watch them?

There is NO such thing as 'veal which is reared better', the calf is cruely removed from its mum, stuffed in a crate where it recieves no sunlight or exercise and is DELIBRATELY fed food lacking iron to make its meat white. That is CRUEL and barbaric, so if it was tasty, I'd really hope you still wouldn't eat it.;).

I agree. That's how you get milk too, though:( . The cow doesn't just produce milk all the time, naturally... it's milk that was ment for the baby that was take away, and to keep the milk coming (instead of running out when the baby doesn't need it any more) they constantly suck it out and have the mother cow (crying for the baby) in a small, metal cage which has a floor of concrete and no grass to graze on; just moan grass and steroids. How could any one support that? :cry: :cry:

~~~

And it's a horse... look at this page and scroll down, you'll see the picture with a caption:

http://www.viva.org.uk/campaigns/horses/index.htm

Last edited:
I was vegetarian for about 10 years but have recently started to eat British meat again. If we don't support our British dairy farmers then we are going to lose them. The situation in farming is tragic at the moment. These images shown are not necessarily the UK. The most intensively reared animals are chickens and turkeys so only eating white meat does not help welfare! The least intensively being beef and lamb. In the UK we have the strictest regulations in the World on welfare but there stills needs to be further improvement. Just to say a good word about the RSPCA without them these wouldn't exist.

Back