• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with Blue's eye!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I ahve been putting Tiacil eye drops on it morning and night for the past week but it has gotten more gunky!
Will the vets just prescribe more eye drops?
PIC_0828.jpg

Oh dear, looks quite bad. Opal had to have Tiacil as she had a runny eye, but it was no where near as bad as that. How long was he given Tiacil. I would go back to the vets and ask to check his teeth to see if it is related to that. It might just be an eye infection though? Might need his tear ducts flushed too. xx Hope he gets better soon.

ETA - To answer your question, the vet may flush his tear ducts, and prescribe more Tiacil. There is a method of rubbing the bunnies eye in order to get the gunk out, which is difficult to explain, so hopefully someone else will be able to. Make sure they check his teeth too, as eye problems may be caused by underlying dental disease or molar spurs.

we took him last friday and they said it was an eye infection, he has had the eye drops for a week and hasn't improved :( we will phone the bets later ( when my mum get back)

He had a dental a few weeks ago but the vet said bacuse she had done them already she doubted it was anything to do with his teeth

we took him last friday and they said it was an eye infection, he has had the eye drops for a week and hasn't improved :( we will phone the bets later ( when my mum get back)

Yeah, i would take him again, as Opals eyes cleared up pretty quickly on the Tiacil. He probably needs his tear ducts flushed. Remember to get the vet to check his teeth though :D. Good luck.

Poor Blue, his eyes look very sore :(

Sometimes dental disease isn't visible from looking in the mouth. The roots of the teeth can cause eye problems.

Your vet might need to take an x-ray of Blue's head to see what the roots are doing.

Flushing the tear ducts would be a good idea in the first instance though.

Amy

One of mine had a reaction to Tiacil and had even more runny eyes, they wee put on Fucithalmic and were fine. Get the drops changed and see what happens after a few days.

Back