• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit with teeth growing into it's nose. PICTURE

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:( When I was on holiday there was this rabbit and guinea pig place, the poor things were in tiny hutches ( a family of dutch rabbits in a 4ft hutch, frenchlop with a litter in 4ft hutch etc... :evil:
There was the beautiful rex rabbit but it's teeth wree growing uop into it's nose :( :cry:
I have a piccy, I'm just uploading it

Last edited:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
thats :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: awful and i haven't even seen the picture!

is it an english place? i'd send it to the rspca as that is neglect, pure and simple

some people :censored: :censored: :censored: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah it's in Yorkshire ( I'm not going to say the name of the place incase someone finds out I poted this)

just saw picture :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

poor little thing. it probably can't eat properly. that is just shocking, absolutely appalling :cry:

okay, I will.
They had seriously inbred aniamls :( and when the does had a new litter they didn't move them, everyone could still see them so It must of been horrible for the doe :cry:

Name and shame them then we can sort it out, my grandparents, auntie and cousins live in whitby and my parents are only 17 miles away from there so may know of someone we can contact.

Please do not name them, contacting the RSPCA is the best course of action.

If you spot an animal that you feel is being cruely treated or neglected you should:

Call the RSPCA 24 hr National Helpline on: 0870 55 55 999
If it is a pet shop, you can also contact your local council (see yellow pages), as they are responsible for issuing pet shop licences.

You should not:

Contact the person concerned
Encourage others to contact the person concerned
Post Details on the forum

Why? Contacting the person concerned may result in evidence being destroyed preventing a prosecution. Photographs or any other 'evidence' you attempt to collect cannot be used as evidence in a prosecution.

If you keep contacting the person involved or more than one person contacts them, it could be deemed harrasement and lead to a police investigation and action being taken against you.

You may need to be patient when waiting for an inspector to visit. Cases are prioritised depending on the risk to an animal not how many calls are received. Although neglect maybe distressing for you to see, it is not necessarily life threatening. It is essential that you do wait, otherwise again evidence may be lost. If a case is being brought or indenting to be brought against someone for creulty or neglect then the RSPCA will not be able to give you details of the case. Doing so could harm/prevent the case being brought.

Encouraging any illegal activities will result in an infraction or ban from the forum.

oops-sorry, I know who they are now (family in whitby) and they breed and board and claim to keep the animals in beautiful surroundings and treat them with expert loving care.

Thats awful :( I think you should remove the pics now though just incase they got spotted by someone who worked there or knew them.If people want to see them they could pm you with there email address and you could email the pics them.Definantly a rspca job.

Beth, I'd do it for you but I can't answer this information because I haven't seen it first hand

You can make a real difference - as a direct consequence of public action, hundreds of successful RSPCA prosecutions are made each year and thousands of animals are saved from further suffering. If in doubt always ring the RSPCA's 24-hour cruelty and advice line on 0870 55 55 999 and set your mind at rest.
You might stop someone being cruel to an animal if you act immediately, but first assess the situation calmly before you rush in - the person acting cruelly could turn on you if you interfere.

Take a note of what you've seen, using the checklist below, and then phone the RSPCA's 24-hour national cruelty and advice line. You will be asked to give a detailed description of what you have seen or heard - be ready to give the following information:

Your own name, address and telephone number for our records.
It is RSPCA policy to treat all complaints in the strictest confidence. Your name will not be disclosed without your permission, but the RSPCA inspector will need to contact you if you want to know about the result of his or her investigation. Please note that this may only be when the entire enquiry has been concluded.

The date, time and place of the offence.
Photographs showing the cruelty involved may provide vital evidence in a prosecution case. If by any chance you have a camera to hand and it is safe for you to use it, please do - mention this to the controller who handles your call.

Our controller will need to ask you a series of questions about the animal(s) involved to establish the full situation.
These will relate to what you have seen in relation to the animal's environment and its bodily condition. The RSPCA believes that the basic welfare of all animals must take into account the 'Five Freedoms': Freedom from hunger and thirst; Freedom from discomfort; Freedom from pain, injury or disease; Freedom to express normal behaviour; Freedom from fear and distress.

If known, the name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) involved.

The names and addresses of any witnesses.

The registration number and description of any vehicle involved.

State whether you would be prepared to testify in a court of law if necessary.
The RSPCA always aims to prevent cruelty through education and opts for court proceedings only as a last resort.

Back