• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Collars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so... I'd be very worried about him getting it caught on something and then getting into trouble. I wouldn't risk it with one of my rabbits :)

EDIT: I assume Buster is a rabbit? :oops: :oops: :lol:

I wouldn't put a collar on a rabbit...to be honest I'd rather not make my cat wear one, but she goes outside and I like there to be a visual tool so people know she has a home (she is chipped also).

Please do not put a collar on your rabbit..they are unnecessary and cruel.
Rabbits are not a fashion accessory ....if you think a collar would "look cool"..then try one on yourself!!

i dont put collars or harness on my 2 rabbits is i just let my to rabbits run around.it is cruel.i was just making suggestion.its up to you but its better to let them run around.if u love on them theyll love u back and wont run away.if ur afraid of them running away love on them and just watch them.

Please do not put a collar on your rabbit..they are unnecessary and cruel.
Rabbits are not a fashion accessory ....if you think a collar would "look cool"..then try one on yourself!!

What's the need for that. If I was cruel I would have put it on him without asking that's the point of the forum surely. I won't put it on him if it's dangerous (hence asking the question). I like collars and all our other animals have snazy ones but if Buster will be uncomfortable he can just wear his cool lionhead maine (it's growing thick now) :D He never runs away and comes everytime he is called. He is not allowed loose in the garden because it backs onto a field and there are wild rabbits on there so myxi would be a huge worry.

I only asked because I saw a pic of a rabbit with a collar on and it did look very cute. But I stress the point I asked first.

You might have perhaps seen my picture of Molly? If so I don't want you thinking it was because it looks cool, I would never leave a collar on a rabbit for a long time, they could severely injure themselves.

He wore it for a little while when I came back to my parents because of the jingly bell on it. The layout of my parents place makes it hard to block off certain places so whilst he was getting used to the new environment, and we were learning where he could get in to trouble (such as behind a very heavy tv stand with lots of dangerous wires stored behind it one time ;) ) it was useful for us to be able to hear where he was. It was a cat safety collar and he never wore it without people around and no longer needs it. I only got one under the reccommendation of a friend from the US, who at the time was the only person I'd ever met who'd had house bunnies. :)

But I'll admit, it does make a cute picture.

You might have perhaps seen my picture of Molly? If so I don't want you thinking it was because it looks cool, I would never leave a collar on a rabbit for a long time, they could severely injure themselves.

He wore it for a little while when I came back to my parents because of the jingly bell on it. The layout of my parents place makes it hard to block off certain places so whilst he was getting used to the new environment, and we were learning where he could get in to trouble (such as behind a very heavy tv stand with lots of dangerous wires stored behind it one time ;) ) it was useful for us to be able to hear where he was. It was a cat safety collar and he never wore it without people around and no longer needs it. I only got one under the reccommendation of a friend from the US, who at the time was the only person I'd ever met who'd had house bunnies. :)

But I'll admit, it does make a cute picture.

I would never leave it on him if I wasn't there but I won't put one on him. I was just asking iyswim - just getting everyones view. I never percieved it as cruel, I would never been intentionally cruel to him. I am crying at the thought of people thinking I would be :cry: :cry:

You shouldn't get upset about things people say on a forum, it's only the internet. : ) But I get that it can be worrying that people think badly of you, though I'm sure no one does. I don't think putting a collar on a rabbit is cruel, obviously, or I wouldn't have done it.

Lots of people use harnesses and leads for their rabbits, but mine freak out at it and get stressed, so what is cruel for one bun is not always the same for another.

Why would anyone want to put a collar on a bunny? :? :shock:

Even those who dress animals up in clothes leave me speechless.

These are animals we are talking about - not dolls. There is nothing cute about it at all.

Err please can people get a grip when reading replies to their posts...
I DID NOT say you were cruel..I said putting a collar on a bun is..and yes you asked and I answered..it was directed at your question not you..

and the bit about trying one on you was meant to be a bit of a joke..but I missed the smiley off...

Why would anyone want to put a collar on a bunny? :? :shock:

Even those who dress animals up in clothes leave me speechless.

These are animals we are talking about - not dolls. There is nothing cute about it at all.

Oh well I would leave you totally speechless because my doggie has a huge wardrobe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back