• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wat is the...........

In the Rabbitlopaedia there's a native rabbit breed mentioned called the 'St Nicholas Blue', which apparently has all but disappeared. There's loads of extinct breeds too (although given that most of those were probably made by man, I've never sure how sad I should really feel about that :?)

I've just been having a Google for rare rabbit breeds and apparently there is such a thing as a Harlequin Dutch! :shock: :love: That's got to be a man-made breed..?

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Harlequin Dutch is the same as a Tricolour Dutch? Ie. the same as the buns that are going to Sooz?? :love: :love:

Last edited:
Quote:

Rare Siberian Tri-Color Rabbit

rabtiger.jpg

This is the shy and very elusive Siberian Tri-colored rabbit. They are very rare and I am quite amazed at the clarity of this photo. This is the rabbit that was used in the Monty Python movie, "The Holy Grail". You probably didn't recognize it at first because during the filming of the movie, the rabbit was in its winter plumage (a beautiful silky, white coat).

The rare Siberian Tri-color is the only species of rabbit known to be carnivorous. Their front teeth are extremely sharp and deadly. They have the ability to leap tremendous distances with extreme accuracy. Their favorite area to target is the throat. Some people believe that the front teeth are hollow and that they can actually inject a toxic venom into their victims when bitten. Further research has proved this to be a false rumor. The duck-billed platypus is still the only known mammal to have any venomous capabilities.

The Siberian Tri-color has been known to supplement its normal diet of small mammals with an occasional snack of overly inquisitive researchers. The photographer who took this picture was nominated for the "Lago Award" but, unfortunately, he was killed shortly after taking the shot. Only his camera survived. There are no known instances where the Siberian Tri-color Rabbit has survived captivity due to their restive, wild spirit and nasty habit of killing their keepers.

Quote:

Rare Siberian Tri-Color Rabbit

rabtiger.jpg

This is the shy and very elusive Siberian Tri-colored rabbit. They are very rare and I am quite amazed at the clarity of this photo. This is the rabbit that was used in the Monty Python movie, "The Holy Grail". You probably didn't recognize it at first because during the filming of the movie, the rabbit was in its winter plumage (a beautiful silky, white coat).

The rare Siberian Tri-color is the only species of rabbit known to be carnivorous. Their front teeth are extremely sharp and deadly. They have the ability to leap tremendous distances with extreme accuracy. Their favorite area to target is the throat. Some people believe that the front teeth are hollow and that they can actually inject a toxic venom into their victims when bitten. Further research has proved this to be a false rumor. The duck-billed platypus is still the only known mammal to have any venomous capabilities.

The Siberian Tri-color has been known to supplement its normal diet of small mammals with an occasional snack of overly inquisitive researchers. The photographer who took this picture was nominated for the "Lago Award" but, unfortunately, he was killed shortly after taking the shot. Only his camera survived. There are no known instances where the Siberian Tri-color Rabbit has survived captivity due to their restive, wild spirit and nasty habit of killing their keepers.

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just been reading on Wiki that there is a lop breed called the Meissener that is very rare now, although I can't find a picture anywhere on t'internet :(

Back