• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos from New Forest at weekend...

We decided to make the most of the weather at the weekend and made our way to the New Forest to look at the cute little ponies!

Out first stop was the Otter and Owl Sanctuary:
The Otters were certainly cute and playful!

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7020.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

And one of a cute little guinea pig (had to take this for the boyfriend as he likes guinea pigs!)

IMG_7075.jpg

Then we went on into New Forest it's self in search of ponies, they weren't too difficult to find:

Taking a little bit of a nap...
IMG_7091.jpg

What was growing in this water must have been extra tasty!
IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7112.jpg

Almost as big as mum now...
IMG_7118.jpg

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

Just wanted a drink...
IMG_7138.jpg

Finally a couple of the boyfriend (he doesn't like the photos much as he got a little sun burnt on our journey down :lol: :lol: )

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7175.jpg

Sorry there are so many photos, hope they haven't taken too long to download... but I had a lovely day :D

Beautiful shots, you've inspired me! The sanctaury is only 5 miles from me, so we're going this afternoon :p

why do my pics never look like that when i take them of the ponies....oh, maybe the dogs running round doesn't help:lol: forest is only 1 20 min drive from us and the dogs love it! they are more gorgeous pics, you entered the countryfile calendar comp yet? x Jess

aww great pics. we went on holiday to the new forest in June, but the weather was absolutely awful1 it was the week the floods started so you can imagine......

What lovely pictures, so clear. Both those ponies look ready to drop any minute bless them, I wish i lived near, I'd be there all the time!:D

Neil and Maria your so funny. :lol: At least you have donkey's. We don't have anything. Anyway, here is a pic of Neil and Maria's donkey's. I think they're lovely.

DONKEY.jpg

Thanks for everyone's comments on my photos.

I think both of the mares in question had already had foals this year, just still looking "large" as it were afterwards...

Thea & Bobbin: I have the Canon 20D which is a digital SLR and on this occasion was using my favourite lens 70-200 L IS USM!

I'd like to go back next year, a bit earlier in the year so I can see all the foals when the are a bit younger!

Han x

:lol:
What lovely pictures, so clear. Both those ponies look ready to drop any minute bless them, I wish i lived near, I'd be there all the time!:D

You know what... I live near the New Forest, my parents live IN the New Forest yet I never actually go there and enjoy the beauty of it :? I suppose when you live near somewhere you just take it for granted

Anyway... I'll give you one guess where we might go this afternoon

:lol:

You know what... I live near the New Forest, my parents live IN the New Forest yet I never actually go there and enjoy the beauty of it :? I suppose when you live near somewhere you just take it for granted

Anyway... I'll give you one guess where we might go this afternoon
I live about 5 miles away but didn't discover it properly until 4 years ago whan we started cycling in it, now I feel so lucky to have it on my doorstep, and spend some time each week-end there :wave:

Thea & Bobbin: I have the Canon 20D which is a digital SLR and on this occasion was using my favourite lens 70-200 L IS USM!

ooOOOooo nice camera!! My father has Nikon D40 which I'm very jealous of. I have a Sony H5 but even that has too many controls for me! I do have a 35mm SLR but not knowing what the photos look like until they are processed is becoming a real drag! :lol:

Back