• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another unwanted bunny :0(

How can people be so uncaring. I was speaking to my local rabbit rescue lady on the phone yesterday (who, I must say, is such a lovely woman!) and she was telling me that she's getting ready for all the bunnies to be coming in soon that parents bought for kids over the summer hols, and 'coz kids are going back to school now, and 'coz kids are generally stupid, they're just going to get bored of their rabbits and they're gonna need rehoming.

I wish I had the space to save all the bunnies :(

great animals

bunnies are great animals.each day a bunny is probably born.by a different person or a wild rabbit.bunnies are great pets.:D

[QUOTE=parents bought for kids over the summer hols, and 'coz kids are going back to school now, and 'coz kids are generally stupid, they're just going to get bored of their rabbits and they're gonna need rehoming.

sorry i have to comment on this kids are not "generally stupid" if you ask me its the parents that are generally stupid for not realising what a huge responsabilty it is having a pet not teaching there kids this, and buying these pets thinking that they are the "kids pets" and they wont have to look after them. :censored:

I do disagree that kids are generally stupid. I think that was abit mean. not all kids are stupid, and its not stupidity, its children getting bored.

I don't like the negative comments about children on this forum, either. Most children are not stupid. No one can blame them for wanting a cute fluffy bunny. It's the parents who should not give in and explain why they can't have a pet. If I gave in every time my kids ask me for something, I would be broke.

I don't like the negative comments about children on this forum, either. Most children are not stupid. No one can blame them for wanting a cute fluffy bunny. It's the parents who should not give in and explain why they can't have a pet. If I gave in every time my kids ask me for something, I would be broke.

precisly. i always had animals when i was younger, and my parentsalways made sure i was caring for them properly. x

After reading the free ad it sounds like a breeder cutting down on stock, not bored kids in this instance.
But you are right, my local rescue was nearly empty at the beginning of the summer hols. No doubt in 2months he will be full again.

Back